Oven roasted garlic green beans are a super simple and healthy side dish that I can never stop eating! Only five ingredients in this side dish that pairs well with just about anything.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
I first posted this recipe in 2011. 2011. Can you even believe that?? I can’t. I also can’t believe that it’s been pinned over 20,000 times with that one, sad little picture.
I have a little confession. I made this batch, with the intention of taking their pictures then eating them for dinner, but Bob was out and I ate the whole pan. By myself. Like fries, I just kept going back for more.
It took me long enough to take new pictures, even though I make this garlic green beans recipe often.
GARLIC GREEN BEANS INGREDIENTS
- Green Beans – Fresh green beans, with the ends trimmed off. I also snap the larger ones in half.
- Olive Oil – Extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt & Pepper – The basics. I like to use sea salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Lemon Juice – The juice of a fresh lemon.
- Garlic – I use the minced garlic that is packed in olive oil, because I always have that on hand. Fresh garlic will work too, of course.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC GREEN BEANS
First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees and place a foil lined pan into the oven to get hot.
The key to making these roasted garlic green beans really good (& really quick) is to start them off on the hot pan so they start cooking instantly.
Next, trim your green beans and put them in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, salt & pepper, lemon juice, and garlic, give them a toss to fully coat, then let them sit. I usually do at least 30 minutes while I’m prepping other things. The longer the better.
Then, open the hot oven and carefully pour the marinated green beans onto the hot pan. You should immediately hear the sizzle!
Let them cook for 8-12 minutes until crisp tender, or however you like them. I usually give them a toss after 8 minutes and let them cook a bit longer.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE OVEN ROASTED GARLIC GREEN BEANS
- Lipped Baking Pan – It’s helpful to have the lip so you don’t lose any green beans off the side of the pan.
- Tongs – It’s really easy to toss the green beans with tongs, & it’s especially helpful when they’re hot.
- Minced Garlic – I always keep minced garlic in oil in the fridge because I never remember to buy fresh garlic & it keeps a long time.
- Mixing Bowls – To toss your green beans and let them marinate.
NEED MORE ROASTED VEGETABLES IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
- Roasted Zucchini
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Carrots
- Lemon Basil Roasted Veggies
- Cabbage Steaks
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
Oven Roasted Garlic Green Beans
- Preheat the oven to 425 and place a foil covered baking sheet into the oven to get hot.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl & toss to coat.
- Let the ingredients marinate for 20+ minutes.
- Add the green beans to the hot pan hot pan (carefully), spreading to a single layer. You should hear them sizzle immediately.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, until crisp tender.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Originally published October 5, 2011