Simple Baked Chicken with Garlic, Basil and Parsley that is full of flavor and a delicious quick meal! This quick and easy dinner is perfectly paired with seasonal vegetables and fluffy rice.
It’s May! In an effort to get into better shape, I’m going to try to make healthy(er) meals and less baked goods this month. We’ll see how that goes. I tried a spinning class this past weekend and it nearly killed me. Back to the elliptical. Baby steps.
You may have seen me whine on Facebook about how I spent $100 on groceries tonight and still didn’t have any ideas for dinner. I hate when that happens. I pinned this recipe earlier and once I realized how simple it was, I was sold. I tweaked it a little, as usual. I’ll list what I did. I paired it with sauteed zucchini and whole grain rice. It was very good – very moist and flavorful.
Baked Chicken with Garlic, Basil and Parsley
Baked Chicken with Garlic, Basil & Parsley
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts butterflied into 3-4 pieces
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic in olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour some olive oil (about 1 Tablespoon) in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon parsley and 1 teaspoon basil evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the dish, swirling them around in the olive and spices. Spread the minced garlic over the top of the breasts.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining parsley and basil and add the lemon pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Sprinkle over the garlic coated chicken breasts. Drizzle with a little more olive oil.
- Covered the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove cover and continue baking for 15 minutes.