Do you know how easy it is to make homemade Italian seasoning? You’ll never buy the pre-made mix again after you realize how simple it is to make yourself.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Homemade seasoning mixes, like this Italian seasoning, or taco seasoning, are the best to make because you control exactly what goes into them.
Oftentimes I’ll buy a seasoning mix and be so impressed with it then realize it has sugar or some mystery ingredient that I’m not a fan of.
I get it, buying the pre-made mixes is definitely easier, but mix up a batch of this Italian seasoning and you should be all set for months. And you can be proud to say it’s homemade.
So, go take a peek into your spice cabinet and let’s get started.
WHAT’S IN ITALIAN SEASONING?
Italian seasoning is a blend of dried herbs and spices – usually marjoram, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme… like to leave out salt & red pepper flakes so I can customize those flavors based on whichever dish I’m making.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
HOW DO I MAKE IT?
You’re gonna love this.
STEP ONE: Mix all spices in a shallow bowl. Stir or shake until well blended. That’s it!
How often do I get to share a recipe with one step??
WHAT DO I USE IT IN?
Italian seasoning is perfect for any Italian-inspired recipes like pasta sauces, pizza, marinades, etc.
Here are some of my favorite recipes with Italian seasoning:
- Italian Chicken Meatball Subs
- Cheesy Asparagus Puffs
- Cheesy Chicken Pasta Skillet
- Rosemary Olive Oil Bread
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
- Spice Rack – If you don’t already have a well stock spice cabinet, buying a countertop spice tower is a great way to get a head start. I often see them at Costco and Sam’s Club, too.
- Glass Spice Jars – You’ll need cute little jars to store your homemade spice mixes.
- Whisk – Optional, but I like to use a whisk to fully combine all the spices.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
It is VERY HELPFUL to me and other readers if you leave a review after you make my recipe. Please come back & let me know how it turned out!
Homemade Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 4 Tb basil
- 2.5 Tb oregano
- 2 Tb thyme
- 2 Tb rosemary
- 1 Tb garlic powder
- 1/2 Tb onion powder
- Add all of your dried spices into a shallow bowl.
- Whisk or shake together until well blended.