Thank you to Aidells® for sponsoring today’s post. As always, all opinions are my own.
Italian Chicken Meatball Subs made easy with Aidells® Italian Style Meatballs smothered in a homemade marinara sauce and topped with provolone and mozzarella cheese!
These meatball subs couldn’t be much easier but they sure are a crowd pleaser. Take a shortcut with all natural Aidells® Chicken Meatballs that you can feel good about serving your family and pair it with a homemade marinara sauce that you can have ready in just about 30 minutes!
ITALIAN CHICKEN MEATBALL SUBS
My brother came home from Michigan State last week (well, to my parents home, not my home. You know what I mean). He’s my baby brother, though 23, and I’m so proud of him. After he finished school for graphic design (which he had a full scholarship for), he decided he wanted to be a surgeon. So, he’s now pre-med.
Meatball subs always remind me of him because he often orders them when we go out to eat. He’ll be living in a house this coming year so no more college food court or my parents cooking to rely on. He’ll have to fend for himself. For as good as he is at most things, cooking is not one of them. Luckily, I think this recipe is easy enough for him to follow. You could even take a shortcut and use a jarred sauce, but I think the homemade marinara is worth the tiny bit more effort.
Italian Chicken Meatball Subs
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 28 oz can peeled & crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 oz. Aidells® Italian Style Chicken Meatballs
- salt & pepper to taste
- sub rolls
- sliced provolone cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil and chopped onion. Saute until translucent. Add in the minced garlic and stir.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, sugar, and salt & pepper. Stir together and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the meatballs, turn heat to low, cover, and let heat through - about 5-8 minutes.
- Once heated through, toast your sub rolls and pile on meatballs and cheese.
- Let cheese melt and enjoy!
You can pick up the various Aidells® Meatballs flavors at Meijer. They’re gluten-free and have no nitrates or added hormones. If you use mPerks (you totally should), you can snag a coupon for them that’s good from now until May 28th. Great for me and even more valuable for a broke college student.
Check out Aidells website for more recipe ideas using their meatballs and links.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson. The opinions and text are all mine.
Veggie Lasagna Roll Ups