Oven Roasted Carrots are so good and SO easy! They make the perfect side dish to just about any dinner – simple, healthy, & ready in 30 minutes.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
You know I’m a big fan of roasted veggies. Zucchini, green beans, potatoes – I roast them all. I always have intentions of making a big batch and then eating them all week, but I end up eating them all in one sitting.
One by one, I pick at the pan until there are none left, and them I get mad at myself for not making more.
I have a fun fact – I’m allergic to carrots. Mostly because I’m allergic to the outdoors and carrots grow in the ground, BUT I love them and eat them anyway. I can handle the itchiness for some deliciousness.
Carrots have great flavor on their own. If you’ve ever steamed carrots, you’re probably wondering what I’m talking about because carrots can be really bland and boring.
Roasted carrots, however, are full of flavor and far from boring. With just olive oil, salt & pepper, roasting brings out the carrots’ best qualities, especially with slightly crisp, caramelized edges and tender insides.
They make the perfect easy and healthy side dish to all kinds of meals from Thanksgiving to a regular weeknight meal of stuffed chicken breasts.
Plus, you probably already have a bag of baby carrots in your fridge, right? I usually do.
You can jazz carrots up with garlic, dill, thyme…the possibilities are endless.
You can make them spicy with some chili powder.
You can make them sweet with some some butter and honey.
I keep it simple here with olive oil, salt & pepper.
HOW TO ROAST CARROTS
Cooking carrots in the oven couldn’t get much easier.
STEP ONE: Slice the baby carrots diagonally so they’re all similar in size. This will help them roast evenly.
STEP TWO: Toss the carrots in olive oil, salt & pepper. This is where you can add other seasonings too, if you want.
STEP THREE: Arrange the carrots onto a foil lined baking sheet into a single layer. Roast for 20 minutes at 400 degrees until browned & tender. That’s it!
DO YOU PEEL CARROTS BEFORE ROASTING THEM?
I used organic baby carrots in this recipe because that’s what I normally have on hand. They are already peeled and ready to go. If I was using full size carrots, I would scrub & peel them first.
HOW SHOULD I CUT THE CARROTS FOR ROASTING THEM?
Like I said, I like to cut the baby carrots diagonally so they’re similar in size and can cook at the same rate. If you’re using full size carrots, I would peel them, cut into approximately 2″ chunks, and then cut them diagonally.
Have I converted you to a roasted veggie lover yet? Even though I have a new love for my air fryer, I still always roast my vegetables because it’s so easy and I love the way the flavors develop.
NEED MORE ROASTED VEGGIES IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
- Baking Sheet – I like to use a baking sheet with a lip so your carrots don’t roll off the pan.
- Santoku Kitchen Knife – A good kitchen knife for chopping the carrots is helpful.
- Cutting Board – I really like the “Chop & Scoop” cutting board.
- Tongs – I use tongs for everything in the kitchen lately. They’re convenient to toss your carrots if you check on them midway through roasting.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
It is VERY HELPFUL to me and other readers if you leave a review after you make my recipe. Please come back & let me know how it turned out!
Oven Roasted Carrots
- 1 lb baby carrots cut diaganolly
- 2-3 Tb olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Cut your baby carrots (or full size carrots) into approximately 1" pieces diagonally. Add to a large bowl.
- Add seasonings and toss to coat.
- Pour the carrots into a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes until carrots start to brown and are tender.