Sometimes simple is best – roasted zucchini is one of my favorites side dishes and a great way to use up your summer zucchini crop!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Zucchini is pretty high up on my list of favorite vegetables. How can you not like a vegetable that is equally delicious as a side dish and as a main component of a dessert?
Need examples? Search “zucchini” over in the search bar to see some of the ways I’ve used it or click right HERE)
I also love that you can easily sauté it or roast it. Or eat it raw, though that’s not my favorite.
Things to help you make ROASTED ZUCCHINI:
- My favorite baking sheets – I got these for Christmas a LONG time ago and they’re still doing strong
- Enough lemon pepper to last you a few months – I usually pick mine up at Sam’s or Costco, but I love putting lemon pepper on just about everything so I like to buy the giant container.
- Pretty mixing bowls – I love that they have the gripper on the bottom so the bowl doesn’t slide all over the place
This particular batch was served with the Crock Pot Honey Bourbon Chicken and brown rice.
HOW DO I ROAST ZUCCHINI IN THE OVEN?
It’s SO easy! Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Wash your zucchini, chop it into half moons, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with your favorite seasonings (I’m a huge fan of lemon pepper), then spread it into an even layer on your baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. I like to flip it and give it another 5 minutes, but that is up to you and how crisp you like your roasted veggies.
WHAT OTHER VEGETABLES CAN YOU ROAST?
I like to roast almost all of my veggies but here are some ideas and other variations:
- Oven Roasted Garlic Green Beans – these green beans are one of my favorite side dishes. I’m pretty sure I could eat a whole pan by myself.
- Roasted Cauliflower – it’s good & I think it’s pretty!
- Garlic Roasted Veggies – this medley of red skin potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower is a great way to get veggies into a side dish.
WHAT GOES WELL WITH ZUCCHINI?
EVERYTHING! Seriously, zucchini is very versatile and great in many dishes. You can eat it raw, grilled, roasted or even bake it into zucchini brownies.
HOW MANY CARBS ARE IN ROASTED ZUCCHINI?
Zucchini is very low in carbs with 3g net carbs per cup. Made as directed in the below recipe, there are approximately 7 carbs in this roasted zucchini.
NEED MORE ZUCCHINI IDEAS? TRY THESE:
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!