Chocolate Zucchini Drop Cookies are a sweet way to use up some of your zucchini crop. You end up with a moist, chocolatey cookie that’s filled with chocolate chips but you don’t even have to get out your mixer!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Did you have a good weekend? Ours was pretty quiet, which was needed and appreciated. I can’t believe it’s already August! I guess I should get on planning our summer vacation…
My dad brought me some zucchini from the garden and since I like to bake much more than I like to cook these days, I decided to turn them into Chocolate Zucchini Drop Cookies.
I snagged some old cookbooks from my mom for inspiration but it didn’t really go well. I forgot how much people liked to cook with shortening and lard in the 60s and 70s. Yet there was a “recommended weight” chart in the back of one that showed me as 20 pounds over my 1960s ideal weight. Go figure.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI DROP COOKIES INGREDIENTS
- Baking Soda
- Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Chips
These cookies are really easy, you don’t even need a mixer.
The point of that was to say that if you have a food processor do the grating for you, these cookies will be even easier.
DO YOU GRATE ZUCCHINI WITH SKIN ON?
Yes, you grate the whole zucchini – skin and all – for these cookies (and most other baked goods). There is no need to peel it since the zucchini melts into the baked good.
HOW DO YOU MEASURE SHREDDED ZUCCHINI
This recipe calls for 1.5 cups of shredded zucchini. How MANY zucchini that will be depends on how big your zucchini are (& you know they come in all shapes & sizes). Grate the zucchini, pack it fairly well into your measuring cup, then dump it into your mixing bowl.
HOW DO YOU GRATE WITHOUT A GRATER
If you don’t have a grater, you can very finely chop the zucchini with a knife. I always use a box grater to grate my zucchini but I’ve been contemplating getting a food processor. I have one, but it’s a mini that doesn’t have any attachments.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE THESE COOKIES
OTHER WAYS TO BAKE WITH ZUCCHINI:
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Zucchini Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins with Reese’s Cups
- Zucchini Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
Chocolate Zucchini Drop CookiesPrint Pin Rate
- Preheat your oven to 375 and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Grate your zucchini.
- In a large bowl, add the grated zucchini, baking soda, sugar, butter, and beaten egg. Stir together.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until fully combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop 12 cookies per cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, remove from oven and let cool for approximately 5 minutes on the pan before removing them to finish cooling.