I’ve been making this Paula Deen Zucchini Bread recipe for years because it really is the best zucchini bread! It’s easy to prepare and it makes two loaves so you can share.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Even if it isn’t zucchini season, I always keep zucchini on hand for dinner (I love roasted zucchini) or for baking.
BEST ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- Flour – I’ve only tested this recipe with all purpose white flour.
- Baking Powder
- Cinnamon – Use a high quality cinnamon, it’s worth it!
- Baking Soda
- Eggs – At room temperature.
- Sugar – Granulated white sugar.
- Vegetable Oil
- Apple Sauce – If you don’t want to use apple sauce (or don’t have any), you can use all vegetable oil.
- Vanilla Extract – A good quality vanilla extract, not imitation. I know it’s pricey! I buy mine at Sam’s or Costco in bulk.
- Zucchini – You’ll need two cups of grated zucchini, which is usually two medium zucchinis.
- Chocolate Chips – I like to use Ghirardelli baking chips. They’re large and good quality.
This recipe makes two loaves. I sliced one, for these pictures, and ate a piece (or two) while shooting (look at that melty chocolate – can you blame me?!), then I wrapped up the other half to take to my mom’s.
The other loaf, I immediately wrapped up to send to work with Bob. By the next morning, I realized I had already eaten all the slices I left for myself and snuck into the wrapped loaf. Bob’s coworkers were slightly shorted.
HOW DO YOU MAKE ZUCCHINI BREAD
First, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda.
Then, in another large bowl, whisk the eggs until they’re light and fluffy. Add in the sugar and beat until well blended.
Next, stir in the apple sauce, oil, vanilla, grated zucchini, and chocolate chips.
Then, pour in the dry ingredient mixture and stir until just combined.
Finally, evenly pour the batter into two greased 9 x 5 loaf pans. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
HOW TO PREPARE ZUCCHINI FOR BREAD
Many people wonder when making zucchini bread do I peel the zucchini. The answer is no, you don’t. Just give the zucchini a wash then grate it, leaving the skin on, with a box grater. That’s it!
HOW TO KEEP CHOCOLATE CHIPS FROM SINKING TO THE BOTTOM
Often when you’re baking with chocolate chips, they have a tendency to sink to the bottom of the bread or cake because they’re too heavy for the batter to support them. This is especially true when you use my favorite Ghirardelli baking chips that are larger. To prevent the chocolate chips from sinking in your baked goods, give them a toss in about a tablespoon of cocoa powder before you add them to the batter.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE THIS EASY ZUCCHINI BREAD
- Loaf pans – 9 x 5 loaf pans work best for this recipe.
- Whisk – You don’t need a mixer for this recipe, but you do need a whisk.
- Box Grater – For grating the zucchini.
- Mixing Bowls – It helps that this set is so pretty!
NEED MORE WAYS TO BAKE WITH ZUCCHINI? TRY THESE:
- Zucchini Brownies
- Chocolate Marble Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Banana Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Zucchini Muffins
- Lemon Zucchini Cake
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI BREAD
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda.
- In another large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and continue beating until well blended.
- Stir in the oil, apple sauce, vanilla, grated zucchini, and chocolate chips.
- Stir in the whisked dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour evenly into your prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove loaves from pans and cool.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Originally published 10/10/11