Restaurant Style Chicken Fried Rice is the ultimate meal to whip up at home.
Skip ordering takeout and make this easy chicken fried rice right in your kitchen. Get the tender rice, perfect blend of veggies, and a little secret ingredient to toss in that adds a nice amount of flavor.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
The next time you’re debating ordering carryout, check your fridge. If you have leftover rice and chicken, you’re well on your way to this easy chicken fried rice.
CHICKEN FRIED RICE
If you are wanting to know how to make homemade fried rice that tastes just as good as your favorite restaurant give this recipe a try.
I make stir fry at least once a week, usually with leftover veggies we have but this fried rice is a great way to use up cooked rice and/or chicken.
CHICKEN FRIED RICE INGREDIENTS
- Cooked Chicken
- Leftover Rice
- Frozen Peas
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Salt And Pepper
WHICH KIND OF RICE SHOULD I USE?
I used white rice for this recipe. You want to make sure that you use leftover cold rice. The reason being is it cooks up the right way and if you use fresh rice it will not give you the right texture.
WHICH OIL IS BEST TO USE FOR MAKING FRIED RICE?
You will find that sesame oil offers a very unique flavor that matches the restaurant version. If you don’t have sesame oil, canola oil or vegetable oil will work as well.
CAN I USE LEFTOVER ROTISSERIE CHICKEN FOR FRIED RICE?
Absolutely! If you have rotisserie chicken on hand or even frozen chicken you batched cooked ahead of time, go right ahead. I love cutting a corner and just tossing in pre-cooked chicken. It tastes just as good and is quick!
The only thing is to make sure that your chicken is not overly seasoned, as that can affect the flavor of the dish if it is heavily seasoned.
WHAT IS THE SECRET INGREDIENT TO MAKING THE BEST CHICKEN FRIED RICE?
Butter. Call me crazy but butter is going to really add a richness and depth to your rice. This is what many Japenese steakhouses use to give it that crave-worthy flavor that always leaves you wanting more.
Butter will also help things brown up nicely so you get a rich color and flavor to the dish.
You are more than welcome to toss in extra vegetables if you want to add more flavor variation into this recipe. I tend to use these veggies (onions, carrots, & peas) unless I am cleaning out the produce drawer and have extras to throw in.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CHICKEN FRIED RICE
STEP ONE: Saute diced onion and carrots in sesame oil until tender.
STEP TWO: Add in the frozen peas and stir.
STEP THREE: Whisk together the eggs, push the veggies aside, and pour into the pan to scramble them. Once scrambled, mix together.
STEP FOUR: Add in the cooked chicken and rice and stir.
STEP FIVE: Add in the soy sauce and secret ingredient – butter! Stir until melted and fully incorporated. Taste and add any salt & pepper, if needed.
WHAT TO EAT WITH CHICKEN FRIED RICE
You can truly whip up this chicken fried rice and pair it with any of your favorite side dishes.
NEED MORE EASY CHICKEN DISHES? TRY THESE:
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
- Large Frying Pan – I have and love this pan.
- Silicone Spatulas – I use these for everything.
- Glass Storage Containers – I recently switched over to all glass containers & I like them so much better. I pack all my lunches in them & it makes meal prep easier.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 Tb sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups white rice cooked
- 2 cups chicken cooked
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tb butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sesame oil, onions, and carrots. Saute until carrots & onions are tender.
- Add the peas to the pan and stir.
- To a small bowl, add the eggs and whisk together with a fork.
- Push the veggies to one side of the skillet and pour the eggs on the other side. Use a spatula to scramble them. Once fully cooked, stir into the veggie mixture to evenly distribute.
- Add the cooked rice and chicken and stir. Mix well.
- Add the soy sauce and stir to distribute.
- Add the butter and stir until melted and distributed.
- Season with salt & pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately.