Laughing Cow Chicken is a lightened up version of a stuffed chicken breast. This super easy, 5 ingredient dinner will please your picky eaters and wow your foodies.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
If your weeknights are as busy as ours (I have a feeling many of yours are busier than ours), you need some easy recipes in your arsenal. This five ingredient Laughing Cow Chicken is here to help.
My four year old, that used to be an excellent eater, has recently decided she only likes a few foods. Luckily chicken and cheese are two things she finds acceptable, so this chicken is a winner.
LAUGHING COW CHICKEN INGREDIENTS
- Chicken Breasts – You’ll want boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. You’ll also be butterflying them to stuff the cheese inside
- Laughing Cow Cheese – Laughing Cow Cheese comes in several different flavors (garlic herb, white cheddar, pepper jack, swiss, queso fresco chipotle, etc.) so you can easily switch this recipe up to suit your taste buds.
- Italian Seasoning
- Egg – you’ll whisk an egg and use it as the “glue” to hold the bread crumbs to the chicken.
- Italian Bread Crumbs – again, depending on which flavor of cheese you use, you might want to use plain breadcrumbs or panko would be really good as well.
Butterfly your chicken breast (meaning, cut it almost all the way through, but not quite) and spread it open.
Spread a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese into the chicken & sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
Fold shut, dip in egg, then bread crumbs, and arrange on your pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
You get crispy chicken without having to fry it. Win/win.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU:
- Baking Sheet – I like nonstick pans with handles and a lip to prevent anything from sliding off (just me?)
- Parchment Paper or a Silicone Baking Mat – Either will work – one is less wasteful and cheaper in the long run.
- Santoku Knife – you’re going to be butterflying the chicken breasts so you want to make sure you have a good, sharp knife.
- Whisk – You’ll need to whisk up the egg. I like that this whisk set comes with three different sizes for different tasks.
- Tongs – I’ve recently started using tongs for more things in the kitchen and they really make things easier. Use them to dip the stuffed chicken into the egg then in the breadcrumbs to keep your fingers clean. You can also use a clean set for serving the cooked chicken.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LAUGHING COW CHICKEN
I like to serve a starch and a veggie with this easy chicken dinner. Here are some of my favorite pairings:
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Roasted Potatoes
- Creamy Stovetop Macaroni & Cheese
- Roasted Zucchini
- Oven Roasted Lemon Garlic Green Beans
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
I made a fun group on Facebook for sharing recipes, asking questions, and talking about food. I’d love to have you! Request to join HERE.
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION & EBOOK
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me @melissa_pplates and/or #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
Originally published March 3, 2010
Made this on Sunday. Followed the recipe almost to the t. I added thawed frozen spinach and mixed it with the cheese and then stuffed the chicken. It came out creamy and the chicken was moist. Will definitely make again
Melissa Williams says
I love the addition of spinach!