Laughing Cow Chicken is a lightened up version of a stuffed chicken breast. This super easy, 5 ingredient dinner will please your picky eaters and wow your foodies.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
If your weeknights are as busy as ours (I have a feeling many of yours are busier than ours), you need some easy recipes in your arsenal. This five ingredient Laughing Cow Chicken is here to help.
My four year old, that used to be an excellent eater, has recently decided she only likes a few foods. Luckily chicken and cheese are two things she finds acceptable, so this chicken is a winner.
LAUGHING COW CHICKEN INGREDIENTS
- Chicken Breasts – You’ll want boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. You’ll also be butterflying them to stuff the cheese inside
- Laughing Cow Cheese – Laughing Cow Cheese comes in several different flavors (garlic herb, white cheddar, pepper jack, swiss, queso fresco chipotle, etc.) so you can easily switch this recipe up to suit your taste buds.
- Italian Seasoning
- Egg – you’ll whisk an egg and use it as the “glue” to hold the bread crumbs to the chicken.
- Italian Bread Crumbs – again, depending on which flavor of cheese you use, you might want to use plain breadcrumbs or panko would be really good as well.
Butterfly your chicken breast (meaning, cut it almost all the way through, but not quite) and spread it open.
Spread a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese into the chicken & sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
Fold shut, dip in egg, then bread crumbs, and arrange on your pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
You get crispy chicken without having to fry it. Win/win.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU:
- Baking Sheet – I like nonstick pans with handles and a lip to prevent anything from sliding off (just me?)
- Parchment Paper or a Silicone Baking Mat – Either will work – one is less wasteful and cheaper in the long run.
- Santoku Knife – you’re going to be butterflying the chicken breasts so you want to make sure you have a good, sharp knife.
- Whisk – You’ll need to whisk up the egg. I like that this whisk set comes with three different sizes for different tasks.
- Tongs – I’ve recently started using tongs for more things in the kitchen and they really make things easier. Use them to dip the stuffed chicken into the egg then in the breadcrumbs to keep your fingers clean. You can also use a clean set for serving the cooked chicken.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LAUGHING COW CHICKEN
I like to serve a starch and a veggie with this easy chicken dinner. Here are some of my favorite pairings:
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Roasted Potatoes
- Creamy Stovetop Macaroni & Cheese
- Roasted Zucchini
- Oven Roasted Lemon Garlic Green Beans
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Laughing Cow Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts butterflied
- 4 wedges Laughing Cow cheese one per breast
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 1 egg whisked
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Set aside.
- Butterfly each chicken breast and spread one wedge of Laughing Cow inside the middle. Sprinkle Italian seasoning inside to taste. Fold chicken back over to original shape. Season with salt & pepper.
- Pour bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Whisk the egg into a shallow dish.
- Dip the stuffed chicken breast into the egg then into the bread crumb mixture to coat. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Originally published March 3, 2010