Five ingredient, very simple Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken can quickly be thrown together in the crock pot for a meal the whole family will love!
Creamy Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken
CREAMY RANCH SLOW COOKER CHICKEN
I first posted this recipe in February 2012 with one sucky picture and nothing about it so I figured it was time for a revamp.
Slow Cooker Honey Bourbon Chicken has been my most popular post for over a year so I’m pretty sure the world likes slow cooker chicken recipes. I get it, they’re easy and family friendly. They’re some of my favorites, too.
Here’s what you need to make this dish:
- Chicken – Boneless, skinless chicken breasts. A pound to a pound and a half will do.
- Cream Cheese – I like to use full fat cream cheese but I’m sure you could use the lightened up version. Either way, make sure that it’s room temperature and cubed. It helps it to melt in the slow cooker.
- Two cans of “Cream of” Soup – I used one Cream of Chicken and one Cream of Onion. You can use whatever you like – onion, chicken, celery, mushroom, etc. I also get that some of you don’t like to use the “cream of” soups (they’re high in sodium, I know). I don’t mind using them every once in awhile, but if you’re opposed (or don’t have any on hand), you can make your own with this cream soup substitute recipe.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix – You’ll need one packet. Again, if you don’t like using store bought, you can make your own, here’s a recipe.
- Noodles – you’ll need about 6 oz (or half a box) so use whatever you have on hand or your favorite.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
- Set ‘n Forget Slow Cooker – Maybe you have an actual “Crock Pot” brand slow cooker, but I have and love this Hamilton Beach version and I love that after the set cooking time is done, it automatically switches over to “warm”. Great for my long days.
- Spoon & Ladle Set – I have and love this set. It’s heat safe, easy to clean, and perfect for breaking up the cooking chicken, then spooning it over the noodles.
- Colander with a handle – I thought a handle on my colander was unnecessary when my husband bought me one but I love it. It’s easier to safely drain noodles without getting a steam bath.
CAN YOU PUT FROZEN CHICKEN IN THE SLOW COOKER
Can you? Yes. Should you? No. A slow cooker cooks slowly (hence the name). It doesn’t bring meat up to a safe temperature quickly enough to start from frozen. Will it kill you? Probably not, but now that I know better, I always start with thawed chicken.
NEED MORE CROCKPOT CHICKEN DINNERS IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
- Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Creamy Italian Crock Pot Chicken
- Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- Crockpot King Ranch Chicken
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Creamy Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken
- 1-1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened & cubed
- 2 cans "cream of" soup I use Cream of Onion or Cream of Chicken
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning mix
- 6 oz noodles cooked
- Trim your chicken breasts and lay into the slow cooker.
- Cover the chicken with two cans of soup and ranch seasoning mix. Place your cubed cream cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on low for approximately 5 hours, stirring occasionally. I broke up the chicken as it cooked.
- Cook whatever noodles you like and pour them into the chicken mixture. Or keep them separate and ladle the chicken mixture over noodles.
- We topped ours with a shredded Italian cheese blend and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Originally published February 15, 2012