There are only five ingredients in this Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken so it can quickly be thrown together in the crock pot for a meal the whole family will love! Serve over rice or noodles for a very easy dinner.
Creamy Italian Slow Cooker Chicken
My slow cooker creamy ranch chicken has been a very popular recipe for me and this slow cooker creamy Italian chicken is just as good and just as easy!
With only five ingredients, you can easily prep it before work (or a weekend morning) and come home to dinner nearly ready. Boil some noodles or make some rice to serve with it and a vegetable and you’re done!
Why You’ll Love this Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
- It is easy! Only five everyday ingredients.
- Kids love it – serve it over noodles or rice.
- It only takes about 5 minutes to prep before work then you come home to dinner.
Equipment needed to make Creamy Italian Chicken in the Crock Pot
- Slow Cooker – You’ll need a slow cooker and this 6 quart has been my slow cooker of choice for years.
- Colander – I thought a handled colander was unnecessary…until my husband bought me one.
- Silicone Spatulas – I have many sizes/shapes/colors and use them for everything!
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken
Below is a list of ingredients you’ll need to help you prep. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
Chicken – I use boneless skinless chicken breasts that have been trimmed of any fat. 1-2 pounds.
“Cream of” Soup – You’ll need two cans of “cream of” soup. I use what I have on hand – chicken, onion, celery, mushroom, etc. Any will work. I understand that some of you don’t like to use the “cream of” soups (they’re high in sodium, I know). I don’t mind using them every once in awhile, but if you’re opposed (or don’t have any on hand), you can make your own with this cream soup substitute recipe.
Italian Dressing Packet – Not to be confused with Italian seasoning (though that would work, too), you want the zesty Italian dressing packet from the market. Good Seasons is the brand I get.
Cream Cheese – One “brick” (8 ounces) of cream cheese, softened to room temperature and cubed.
How to make Creamy Italian Chicken
- STEP ONE: First, trim the chicken breasts and lay them into the slow cooker.
- STEP TWO: Next, pour the two cans of soup over the top of the chicken, sprinkle on the Italian dressing mix, and then top with the cubed cream cheese.
- STEP THREE: Finally, cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours. I stir occasionally (if I’m home) to break up the chicken.
- STEP FOUR: Serve over rice or noodles. Alternatively, you can cook your noodles and pour them into the mixture to make a true pasta.
What to serve with Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken
I like to shred the chicken as it cooks (or after) and serve it over noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes (it makes an excellent sauce/gravy).
For dessert, I highly recommend a microwave chocolate chip cookie! I promise you have time and will be happy you did.
As written, I used one can of cream of chicken soup and one can cream of onion soup. You can use whatever you have on hand (any “cream of” soup will be fine).
If you’d rather use boneless skinless thighs, that will work as well, I just find them a bit fatty/greasy.
How to reheat and store Italian Chicken Pasta
How to store leftovers
Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. I would store the chicken separately from rice/noodles, unless you already mixed them.
Can I freeze creamy Italian chicken?
I personally don’t recommend freezing dishes that contain cream cheese. They get weird lol
How to reheat leftovers
Leftovers can be heated in the microwave or, if you have enough, placed back in the slow cooker to warm up.
Creamy Italian Chicken FAQs
Can I use frozen chicken in the slow cooker?
I don’t personally use frozen chicken in my slow cooker. A slow cooker cooks…slow, and can take too long to bring frozen chicken up to a safe temperature. That said, plenty of people do and will tell you it is fine.
Can I use prepared Italian dressing instead of the packet?
I haven’t tested this but I think it should be fine. I would start with 1/2 cup of Italian dressing instead of the seasoning packet.
Can I use low fat cream cheese?
Yes, you can use low fat cream cheese and low sodium “cream of” soups if that’s what you prefer.
Need more crock pot chicken recipes? Try these:
And if you want a beef option, try my slow cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches!
Click here for my entire collection of slow cooker recipes.
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Creamy Italian Crock Pot Chicken
- 1.5-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened & cubed
- 10.5 ounce cream of chicken soup
- 10.5 ounce cream of onion soup
- 0.6 ounce Italian dressing seasoning packet
- 6 ounces noodles I used Tri-Colored Rotinis
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and cover with the two cans of soup and Italian dressing mix. Cube your cream cheese and place that on top.
- Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice or noodles or pour the cooked and drained noodles into the slow cooker to distribute with the shredded chicken.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Originally published January 3, 2012