Crockpot chicken and rice is a classic dinner idea for the whole family made right in your slow cooker. The very simple prep with few ingredients allows you to set it and get on with the rest of your day!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
We like to keep it simple around here though so don’t worry, this is so easy you could make it while blindfolded.
Slow cooker dinners are the best for throwing together before work so at the end of a crazy busy day, dinner will be ready & waiting.
- Cream of chicken soup – used for the sauce in this dish.
- Water – just a bit of water to help cook the rice!
- Long rice – rice makes the perfect side dish for chicken recipes.
- Carrots – make sure you shred the carrots first.
- Mushrooms – it really gives this dish some delicious flavor!
- Salt and pepper – just enough for a bit of seasoning.
- Garlic powder – to give this dish a little added flavor.
- Oregano – oregano flavor goes great with this dish!
- Chicken breasts – make sure you half the chicken breasts.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU
- Slow cooker – this one has been our favorite for years as it is a true set-it-and-forget-it model. It even switches to warm on its own when it’s done cooking!
- Spatulas – these are great for stirring around hot temperatures as they are heat resistant. No more worrying about the plastic melting!
- Tongs – perfect for when you need to grab and flip meat in the crock pot.
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT CHICKEN
STEP ONE: Add all ingredients except the chicken to the crockpot.
STEP TWO: Add the chicken breasts and turn each one to coat in the sauce.
STEP THREE: Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or until chicken is cooked completely. Enjoy!
CAN I PUT FROZEN CHICKEN IN THE CROCKPOT?
When possible, try to use thawed meat. A slow cooker is…slow. It doesn’t bring frozen meat up to a safe temperature quick enough so there is a risk of bacteria. That said, people put frozen meat in crockpots all the time, but I don’t anymore.
CAN YOU PUT RICE IN A SLOW COOKER?
YES! Make sure you have 2 cups of liquid for every cup of rice and that you are using long rice (instant will not work).
HOW DO I STORE IT?
If you have any leftover creamy chicken and rice, you can store in the fridge! Place your leftovers into an airtight container and it’ll stay good for about 5 days.
HOW LONG DO I COOK IT?
For this recipe, you can cook it on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
NEED MORE CROCKPOT CHICKEN RECIPES IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
It is VERY HELPFUL to me and other readers if you leave a review after you make my recipe. Please come back & let me know how it turned out!
Crockpot Chicken and Rice
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup 10.5 ounce
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces long rice
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 chicken breasts halved
- Mix together the cream of chicken, water, rice, carrots, mushrooms, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano into the crock pot.
- Place the halved chicken breasts into the crockpot, making sure to flip them so they are fully coated in the sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for approximately 4 hours, or until the chicken is fully cooked.