Cranberry Orange Cider only takes about 15 minutes to make and is perfect for all the winter and holiday activities that leave you cold and in need of warming up! You can also double the recipe and serve it to a crowd at your holiday gatherings.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Friday was 70 degrees here. Today, the high was 34. That is a drastic jump but one that we’ve been waiting for. It was too nice for too long around here. Usually, we have snow by this time of year.
I don’t like being cold. We’re debating taking Julia to the parade this week and there are so many other fun outdoor activities this time of year (ice festivals, tree lightings…) but that means I’ll (we’ll) be cold.
Luckily, this warm Cranberry Orange Cider in my new Thermos® will help us out.
It only takes about 15 minutes to whip up then you can store it in your Thermos if you’re going out, or a slow cooker if you’re keeping it warm for a party.
CRANBERRY ORANGE CIDER INGREDIENTS
- Cranberry Apple Juice – Use your favorite brand. I usually pick Old Orchard.
- Orange Juice – We almost always have Simply on hand. Or, you could fresh squeeze juice from from the orange you’ll use for the orange slices…
- Cinnamon Stick – You’ll need a full cinnamon stick, which is bark from a cinnamon tree.
- Orange Slices
MAKING CRANBERRY ORANGE CIDER
Making Cranberry Orange Cider is so easy.
First, add the cranberry-apple juice, orange juice, cinnamon stick, and orange slices to a saucepan over medium high heat. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Then, remove the orange slices and cinnamon stick and stir in the honey.
HOW TO SERVE CRANBERRY ORANGE CIDER
If you’re having a party, once you prepare the Cranberry Orange Cider on the stove, pour it into a slow cooker and set it on warm to serve with a ladle all night. It’ll keep beautifully. It will also taste great chilled. Garnish with fresh orange slices and cinnamon sticks, if you want to fancy it up.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE CRANBERRY ORANGE CIDER
- Saucepan with lid – You’ll need a medium saucepan with a lid.
- Silicone Spatulas – These spatulas are one piece (easy cleaning) and heat safe so they’re perfect for stirring the hot cider.
- Slow Cooker – If you want to serve this cider at a party, it’s nice to have in a slow cooker that you can keep on low.
- Ladle – For scooping out portions of cider.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CRANBERRY ORANGE CIDER
Connect with Persnickety Plates
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make!
Cranberry Orange Cider
- 2 cups cranberry-apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 orange slices
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Add the cranberry-apple juice, orange juice, cinnamon stick, and orange slices to a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and orange slices and stir in the honey.
- Serve warm and garnish with more orange slices & cinnamon sticks if you want.
If you're serving at a party, it will stay warm beautifully in a slow cooker on warm. Or, if you're on your way out to a holiday activity, it'll travel well in a Thermos.
You can easily double the recipe for a crowd.
This cider will keep, refrigerated, for about a week.
Originally published November 20, 2016