Apple Donut Mini Muffins – Bite sized mini muffins that taste just like cider mill cinnamon sugar donuts!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
One of my favorite parts of fall is going to the cider mill. I feel sorry for you if you don’t have them in your part of the world. You get warm cinnamon-sugar donuts and cider slushes. I don’t even like cider, but cider slushes? All day.
So, these mini muffins are very good. They have the consistency of a cake donut but they’re little mini muffins – something like a donut hole.
Perfect for little fingers, if you have kids, or perfect to have, 5, if you’re a grown up.
I won’t judge you.
I took a bite of one as I was taking their picture, because they’re irresistible, then decided it looked cute with a bite taken out so I took its picture.
- Baking Powder
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
- Mini Muffin Pan – you can also use this to make my Peanut Butter Brownie Bites.
- Small cookie scoop – to portion out the batter easily.
- Grater – you’ll need to grate the apple.
HOW TO MAKE THEM:
STEP ONE: In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk together. Cut in the butter until incorporated.
STEP TWO: In a medium bowl, add the egg, milk, and grated apple and whisk together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together.
STEP THREE: Use a cookie scoop to portion out the batter evenly to 24 wells of a mini muffin tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until just golden, at 375 degrees.
STEP FOUR: While they’re baking, melt butter in a small microwave safe bowl. In another bowl, mix together the cinnamon & sugar to make the coating.
STEP FIVE: Once the muffins are done and slightly cooled, dip each one first into the melted butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture, fully coating each. ENJOY!
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
NEED MORE APPLE DESSERTS: TRY THESE:
Apple Donut Mini Muffins
For the Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter cubed into small pieces, softened
- 1/2 cup grated apple I used a Gala
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon milk I used 2%
For the Cinnamon/Sugar Coating
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375 and lightly spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray (I use coconut oil spray). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk together. Cut in the butter until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, add the egg, milk, and grated apple and whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Use a cookie scoop (or a spoon, but the cookie scoop makes it so easy) to evenly fill all 24 wells of the mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until just golden.
- While they’re baking, in a small microwave safe bowl, melt your butter.
- In another small bowl, add the cinnamon and sugar and mix together.
- Once the muffins are done and slightly cooled, dip each one first into the melted butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture, fully coating each.