Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect way to kick off the fall and holiday baking season! These easy pumpkin muffins are made from scratch and don’t even require a mixer.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Happy October! How in the world are we in the home stretch of 2019!? Getting older/having kids really makes things go faster, doesn’t it?
I made these easy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins with my girls after school the other day and they were quickly gobbled up. I love that you don’t even have to get the mixer out to make them.
My mom requested that I swap out the chocolate chips for raisins next time. That sounds like a horrible idea to me (o_O) but I might make her her own batch.
I love packing something homemade into Julia’s lunches and these muffins are perfect.
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS INGREDIENTS
- Flour – I used all purpose white flour.
- Sugar – Granulated white sugar.
- Canned Pumpkin – 100% pumpkin.
- Oil – I used vegetable oil. You can use canola or coconut oil.
- Eggs – You’ll need two large eggs.
- Cinnamon – Use a decent quality ceylon cinnamon if you can.
- Ground Ginger
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips – I always use Ghirardelli baking chips. Use your favorite.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with liners. If you don’t have any muffin liners (or just prefer to not use them), just make sure you spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
Next, to a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, canned pumpkin, oil, water, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir together with a spatula until evenly mixed. Then, stir in the chocolate chips.
Then, fill each muffin well about 3/4 full. I like to use a cookie scoop to make it really easy.
Finally, bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
OPTIONAL DARK CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
If you want to fancy these pumpkin chocolate chip muffins up, add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl with about a Tablespoon of coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then repeat until melted and smooth. Drizzle over the tops of the muffins.
WHAT TASTES GOOD WITH PUMPKIN
If you ask me, chocolate pairs perfectly with pumpkin!
WHAT IS PUMPKIN PIE SPICE MADE FROM
Pumpkin pie spice (or just pumpkin spice) is just a blend of the warm holiday spices we grab for in fall baking – cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger – that are in this muffin recipe. It also sometimes includes cloves and allspice.
HOW LONG DO THESE MUFFINS KEEP?
Store these muffins in an airtight container and they’ll keep for 3-4 days. Ours didn’t last that long.
HOW DO YOU MAKE MINI PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS?
You could easily use a mini muffin tray with this recipe and bake for 11-13 minutes instead of the 20 minutes the full size muffins call for. Using this recipe, I was able to make 24 mini muffins & 6 full size.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE THESE MUFFINS
- Mixing Bowl – I love the grippy bottom on these.
- Spatulas – I have a spatula obsession and the one-piece kinds that allow for easy cleaning are my favorite.
- Muffin Pan – I got this pan 3 years ago and have been very happy with it.
- Muffin/Cupcake Liners – I need to stock up on these plain white ones, as you can see, all mine have fun prints.
- Cookie Scoop – I use my cookie scoop to portion out all batters. It’s so much tidier.
NEED MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Marble Bundt Cake
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: