Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
I was walking through Trader Joe’s, getting fruits & veggies to make baby food, when I saw the canned pumpkin.
Like everything at Trader Joe’s, the packaging made me want to buy it. So I did. (it doesn’t take much) I was also swayed by the Honeycrisp Apple Cider, which is awesome.
I got home and wasn’t sure what I wanted to make, given my new found pumpkin love, but I decided I hadn’t had cookies in quite awhile and needed some.
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
- Light Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Canned Pumpkin
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
She’s a champ at night (knock on wood) so I won’t complain, but trying to cook/bake during the day is like a Quickfire Challenge (any Top Chef fans?). I got about halfway through these when she woke up – thanks to a delay with my hand mixer crapping out.
They’re super moist, pillowy, cake-like cookies that have a mild pumpkin flavor. And you can make them really quickly 🙂
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- STEP ONE: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat & set aside.
- STEP TWO: In a large bowl, beat the softened butter and then add the sugars and beat until light & fluffy.
- STEP THREE: Add in the eggs, one at a time mixing in between, then add the vanilla and pumpkin. Mix well.
- STEP FOUR: In another large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and then add, in thirds, to the pumpkin mixture and mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- STEP FIVE: Chill the dough for at least an hour so it can firm up. Once chilled, scoop the dough onto your prepared baking sheet and bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until edges start to brown. Remove from the oven, let rest for a few minutes, and then remove and enjoy!
NEED MORE PUMPKIN BAKING IDEAS? TRY THESE:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Marble Bundt Cake
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Click here to view my entire collection of cookie recipes.
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the softened butter and beat until smooth.
- Add in the white and brown sugars, while beating, until light and fluffy.
- One at a time, add in the eggs, beating in between, then add in the vanilla and pumpkin, beating to combine.
- In another large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk together.
- In thirds, add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, while beating.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- The dough will be very soft. I recommend chilling the dough for at least a half hour to firm it up. It will be easier to work with and the cookies will spread less.
- Use a medium cookie scoop (approximately 2 TB) to scoop the chilled dough onto your prepared cookie sheet. [I poked a couple extra chocolate chips into the scooped dough balls to pretty them up.]
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them rest on the cookie sheets for a couple minutes, then use a spatula to transfer them to a cookie rack.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.