Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts are a simple cinnamon sugar donut because they’re baked, not fried. These easy donuts are perfect for the fall pumpkin season. They also happen to be a vegan and allergy-friendly option as an added bonus!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Have you been to the cider mill yet this year? Are cider mills nationwide or a Midwest thing? We went for the first time (this year) last week and got cinnamon sugar donuts and cider slushies.
Our favorite cider mill is set on a creek so we fed the ducks then let Julia play on the wooden train they have. The only problem with the cider mill is the bees. Tons of bees. We actually cut our visit short because of the swarming bees and thought we made it out unscathed but about 10 minutes after we left, while we were driving, I got stung in the back. Apparently I brought a stowaway in my shirt.
So, I came home and decided I wanted to make cinnamon sugar donuts at home, in my bee-free kitchen.
CINNAMON SUGAR PUMPKIN DONUTS
I decided to add pumpkin because it’s fall and people like to pumpkin all the things. The best part about these pumpkin donuts is they’re vegan, allergy friendly, and cholesterol free so you can feel good about having a couple 😉
If you haven’t dipped into vegan baking yet, give these a try, I’ll bet you’ll never even be able to tell they are dairy-free. If you don’t want to (boo for not trying new things), you could probably use cow’s milk and they would still turn out fine, but I didn’t test it.
- Coconut Oil
- Canned Pumpkin
- Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Baking Powder
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
- Donut Pan – You’ll need a donut pan for these.
- Cinnamon – Pick a GOOD cinnamon. It makes a difference in taste.
- Mixing Bowls – My favorite with the grippy bottoms.
- Measuring Spoons – I love that these are magnetic.
NEED MORE DONUT RECIPES IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
It is VERY HELPFUL to me and other readers if you leave a review after you make my recipe. Please come back & let me know how it turned out!
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts
For the Donuts
For the Coating
- 2 Tablespoons sugar + 1 teaspoon cinnamon for the coating
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a donut pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the wet ingredients – coconut oil, pumpkin, almond milk, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk together.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a large zip top bag. Cut off the corner and use it to pipe the batter into each donut well.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove to cool.
- While they’re slightly cooling, mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, then toss each warm donut into the mixture to coat.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Other vegan treats you may like…
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pecan Cupcakes