Chocolate Glazed Baked Cake Donuts covered in sprinkles. Homemade donuts are probably easier to make than you think and you can save a trip to the donut shop!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
WHAT IS THE BEST DONUT PAN
I got a Wilton donut pan that makes 6 donuts at a time, is non-stick, and is dishwasher safe. It has worked really well for me since I’ve been on a donut kick. Remember the Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donuts from a couple weeks ago?
I actually first made and shared these chocolate glazed donuts on Amanda’s Cookin’ but they’re so pretty (& good!) I wanted to share them here, too. They’re so easy to make that I’ve already made a few batches.
ARE DONUTS BAKED OR FRIED
Yeast donuts are usually fried while cake donuts are typically baked. I like fried donuts but I don’t fry in my kitchen and these baked cake donuts are just as good. Whip them up on a weekend morning to score points with the whole family.
I love any excuse to break out my sprinkle collection and these could be really cute for Halloween this weekend.
WHAT CAN I USE IF I DON’T HAVE BUTTERMILK
If you don’t have buttermilk, which I often don’t, you can easily make some with this hack – to a measuring cup, add 1 Tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar then finish filling to 1 cup with milk. Let stand for 5-10 minutes to let milk curdle. Voila – buttermilk.
Connect with Persnickety Plates
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Baked Cake Donuts
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and lightly spray a donut pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, all all of the dry ingredients.
- Add in the buttermilk, beaten eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a large zip top bag and snip the tip to easily pour into the donut pan. It will fill 12 donut wells evenly.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- While they are cooling, to a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave another 30 seconds (as needed) and stir until smooth.
- Dip each cooled donut into the melted chocolate and immediately top with sprinkles.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.