Spinach & Zucchini Frittata
- 2 small zucchini sliced thinly
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach roughly chopped or torn
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- ¾ cup milk I used 2%
- ¾ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Montreal chicken seasoning
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9" pie plate with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add some olive oil and the minced garlic.
- Add in the sliced zucchini. Season with salt, pepper, and Montreal chicken seasoning. Stir frequently and let cook for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add the eggs, egg whites, milk, and seasonings and whisk to combine.
- Place the cooked zucchini into the bottom of the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese over the top.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the zucchini. Tear/chop up the spinach and sprinkle it over the egg/zucchini. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the center no longer jiggles. Let it cool for approximately 10 minutes then slice and serve.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.