Nilla Wafer Thanksgiving Turkeys are cookies sandwiched together with peanut butter, dipped in chocolate, and decorated with fall colored M&Ms, candy corn, and candy eyes, all on a popsicle stick! So fun for the kids and festive for the Thanksgiving table!
I’ve got a fun and easy treat that is perfect for the Thanksgiving table or Friendsgiving parties! What kid doesn’t like a treat on a stick?
NILLA WAFER THANKSGIVING TURKEYS
First, gather your supplies. Stores are brimming with fun fall-themed candy and treats (actually, they’re brimming with Christmas stuff, but I think you can still find fall stuff). I picked up the fall colored M&Ms at Target (to use for the feathers) and the caramel apple candy corn at Five Below (to use for the beaks).
How cute is this little guy with the turkey looming over his shoulder?! I got him from Pier 1 a couple months ago.
I like to use Ghirardelli baking chips, they melt really nicely and make for smooth chocolate, but I’ve also used their melting wafers and they work well, too. Whatever chocolate chips you have on hand will be just fine, I’m sure 🙂
Nilla Wafer Thanksgiving Turkeys
- Nilla wafers
- creamy peanut butter
- chocolate chips or chocolate melting wafers
- fall colored M&Ms
- candy eyes
- candy corn
- popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and lay out all your supplies.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter onto the back of one Nilla wafer.
- Lay a popsicle stick into the peanut butter then add a small amount of peanut butter onto the stick (for "glue").
- Sandwich another Nilla wafer on top.
- Repeat for as many turkeys as you want to make.
- Place into the fridge or freezer for a bit so they firm up.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips or chocolate melting wafers and heat for 1 minute, stir, then microwave another 30 seconds, repeating as necessary until fully melted. Let cool slightly - it'll be easier to work with.
- Use a spatula to spread a tiny bit of chocolate onto the wax paper to make "feet" for your turkey (if you want them to stand up).
- Spread chocolate onto the front of one of the Nilla wafers (to make the face).
- Add the M&Ms (feathers), eyes, and candy corn (beak). Then stand it onto the pre-made base/feet.
- Repeat for as many as you want to make.
- Let set and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
I first shared this recipe on Crafting Chicks.