Chocolate Banana Muffins filled with chocolate chips & sprinkled with sugar. Homemade but you don’t even have to get the mixer out!
Since having a baby, we always keep bananas on hand. They make the perfect snack or addition to any of Baby Girl’s meals. But when they get too ripe (no one likes a brown banana. Actually, my brother does, but most people don’t), they’re perfect for baking.
CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
These muffins were my first shot at baking in my new electric oven and they were a success. There has been a bit of a learning curve using the electric cooktop, but these turned out perfect. The banana flavor is subtle and the chocolate chips are nice surprises. Plus, the sugar crust on the top? My favorite.
You know the Chiquita Banana jingle, right? Everyone does. “Any way you want to eat them – It’s impossible to beat them – But, bananas like the climate of the very, very tropical equator – So you should never put bananas in the refrigerator”.
Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Add liners to 12 wells of a muffin tin or spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the mashed bananas, oil, and egg. Mix with a spoon.
- In another large bowl, add in the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir well.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the 12 muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes - when a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, they're done.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Chiquita Bananas. All opinions are 100% mine.