Bacon & spinach breakfast pizza is a filling and unique way to start your day. Pizza for breakfast is always a good idea!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
My mornings are busy getting the girls up and ready for the day but luckily (thankfully!), my dad makes me breakfast every morning. A fritatta and a spinach pie that I eat in the car on the way to my office.
But on the weekends, or during the week when I want breakfast for dinner, this easy bacon & spinach breakfast pizza is perfect.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can make it as “from scratch” or “semi-homemade” as you have time for.
BREAKFAST PIZZA INGREDIENTS
- Pizza Crust – Either use a pre-made pizza crust like Boboli or your favorite brand, or make a homemade pizza dough recipe.
- Mozzarella Cheese – You can buy the bag of shredded mozzarella, or grate it yourself.
- Mild Cheddar Cheese – I like to include the blend of the two cheeses for added flavor.
- Bacon – If you’re not baking your bacon in the oven, you need to be. Or if you’re in a time crunch, the microwaveable bacon will also work.
- Steamed Spinach – I used a frozen steamer bag of spinach. Fresh baby spinach will also work well.
- Parsley – Fresh is best but dried works too.
- Dill – Again, fresh is best, but dried works.
- Salt & Pepper – to taste.
- Olive Oil – A good quality, light olive oil.
HOW TO MAKE BREAKFAST PIZZA
Making this bacon & spinach breakfast pizza is really easy!
First, if you’re using a pre-made crust, lightly brush it with olive oil then sprinkle on the cheeses.
Then, cook the bacon (whichever method you choose), chop it up, and sprinkle it over the cheeses.
Next, sprinkle the steamed spinach (or fresh baby spinach) over the top.
Finally, crack eggs over the top and top with salt & pepper.
Then, bake for 12-15 minutes, at 375, on a pizza stone or cookie sheet, until eggs are set.
Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the chopped parsley & dill, slice & serve!
TIPS TO MAKE THIS BREAKFAST PIZZA A SUCCESS
- Use your favorite pre-made pizza crust (Boboli, Mama Mary’s, store brand, etc.) or make pizza dough from scratch. Or, you can buy a pizza dough from Trader Joe’s that is pre-made and very good.
- Bake your bacon in the oven for easy cleanup and a great, crisp bacon.
- I used steamed spinach as a topping but fresh baby spinach will work as well as broccoli, tomatoes, asparagus, zucchini…pick your favorite vegetables.
- Easily make this bacon pizza vegetarian by ditching the bacon and adding more veggies.
SHOULD BACON BE COOKED BEFORE PUTTING ON PIZZA
Yes, you need to cook the bacon before you add it to the pizza. Raw bacon wouldn’t cook as quick as the rest of the pizza, plus it’ll be nice & crispy if you bake it beforehand.
SHOULD YOU COOK PIZZA DOUGH BEFORE ADDING TOPPINGS
If you’re using pizza dough and not a premade crust, yes, you need to prebake it. Brush the dough with olive oil, prick it all over with a fork, then pre-bake it on your pizza stone for about 6 minutes. Take it out, add your toppings, then bake another 10-15 minutes until the eggs are set.
WHAT IS THE BEST CHEESE FOR PIZZA
Mozzarella is the most widely used cheese for pizza because it is light and creamy. I like to add mild cheddar to mozzarella in this breakfast pizza to give it great flavor.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE BREAKFAST PIZZA
- Pizza Stone – Mine is from Pampered Chef and I use it for lots of things besides pizza.
- Box Grater – If you want to grate your own cheese.
- Pastry Brush – To brush the crust with olive oil. I like that the silicone ones are easier to clean.
NEED MORE PIZZA IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
Bacon and Spinach Breakfast Pizza
- 14 oz pizza crust
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 5 strips bacon cooked & chopped
- 1/4 cup steamed spinach
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 Tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh dill
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place your pizza crust on either a pizza stone or a baking sheet and lightly brush the with olive oil then sprinkle on the mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Cook the bacon then sprinkle over the top of the cheese.
- Cook the spinach then sprinkle over the top of the bacon and cheese.
- Crack the eggs onto the pizza and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Lower the oven temperature down to 375 degrees and place the pizza on the lowest rack.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley, dill and more cheese, if you'd like.
Originally published March 20, 2013