PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE BITES
Yesterday we also celebrated one of my besties 30th birthday. She asked me to make her birthday cookies, which I was happy to do.
I wasn’t sure which kind to make but then I remembered I could stalk her Pinterest boards and see what she had her eye on.
Ah, the ease of stalking with social media.
These Peanut Butter Brownie Bites aren’t soft cookies, but they were a fun birthday treat.
I’ve been on quite the brownie and chocolate and peanut butter kick lately. It’s counterproductive to my gym efforts but oh so good. I need to start making some dinners, preferably some healthy ones.
I planned on making the brownie portion of these from scratch but I ran short on time (read: I spent too much time wandering around ULTA) so I used a Ghirardelli Double Chocolate box mix. Using the mix makes it a very quick recipe that looks pretty impressive and tastes really good.
Mini muffin pan
Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix I used Ghirardelli Double Chocolate or your favorite from scratch recipe
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease the mini muffin cups and set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the boxed brownie mix as directed.
- Scoop the brownie batter evenly into the muffin cups (about 1 heaping teaspoon).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until tops are set and a toothpick inserted into center comes out slightly wet.
- After brownies are out of the oven, wait for centers to fall. (If they don't fall, you can tap the centers with the back of a teaspoon to make a hole for the peanut butter. I found it easier to use my thumb to make an indent while I was pulling them out of the pan. They don’t have to be very pretty, you’re going to be filling them with peanut butter anyway.)
- Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds then stir. The peanut butter should be thin and runny.
- While the brownies are still warm, spoon about half a teaspoon of peanut butter into the center of each brownie bite.
- Sprinkle with semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
Other Peanut Butter + Chocolate treats you may like…