Brownie Bottom Peanut Butter Cheesecake has a layer of chewy brownie topped with a creamy peanut butter cheesecake and drizzled with rich chocolate. This decadent cheesecake is a peanut butter dream! Perfect sinful cheesecake for large gatherings or “just because.”
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
My husband asked me to make a delicious cheesecake for his boss, who was moving on to a new company. I think I misunderstood the directions because apparently he asked for a peanut butter brownie cheesecake and I made a brownie bottom peanut butter cheesecake. See the difference?
I’m still not sure I see the difference but regardless, it got rave reviews.
BROWNIE BOTTOM PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE INGREDIENTS
- Brownie Mix – You’ll need a 10oz mix or make this one from scratch
- Vegetable Oil
- Cream Cheese – Two (2) 8 oz bricks, at room temperature.
- Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Ghirardelli Baking Chips – Or your favorite chocolate chips.
DO YOU PUT FLOUR IN CHEESECAKE
Nope, not in this cheesecake. No starch leaves the cheesecake smooth and dense.
CAN YOU MAKE A CHEESECAKE WITHOUT A SPRINGFORM PAN
Sure can! I baked my cheesecakes without a springform pan for years. If you don’t have one, line a cake pan, or pie plate, with parchment paper or foil and it should work just fine.
This was actually my first time using my new springform pan and I’m in love with it. Now I want to make all kinds of things with it.
This is another dessert I wasn’t able to cut or taste since it was a gift, but they tell me it was good. My husband took the last picture at the bar after they cut it.
WHY DOES MY CHEESECAKE CRACK AFTER BAKING
If you overmix your cheesecake batter, you’ll incorporate too much air, which will make the cheesecake rise too much and then collapse. Cracks also form when the cheesecake gets too dry.
DOES CHEESECAKE NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED
Yes. Put this brownie bottom peanut butter cheesecake (and others) in the fridge, covered, to store it. It will keep in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE CHEESECAKE
- Springform Pan
- Mixing Bowls – these with the grippy on the bottom are my favorite
- Hand Mixer – I didn’t know I needed a headlight on my mixer but it’s actually really handy!
NEED MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Bites
- Peanut Butter Buckeye Cheesecake
- 3-Step Mini Cheesecakes
- Cherry Cheesecake Bars
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIE BOTTOM PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE
Brownie Bottom Peanut Butter Cheesecake
For the brownie bottom
- 10 oz package brownie mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 egg
For the peanut butter cheesecake
For the chocolate drizzle
- 1/4 cup Ghirardelli baking chips
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9" springform pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the brownie mix, vegetable oil, water, and egg. Stir about 50 times (batter may be slightly lumpy) and spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the brownie base is cooking, prepare the peanut butter cheesecake.
- In a large bowl, with a hand mixer (or in your stand mixer), mix the cream cheese, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low between each addition, until just blended. Store in the fridge until the brownie bottom is baking.
- Once the brownie bottom is done, pour the cheesecake mixture on top. Spread it evenly with a spatula.
- Raise the oven temp to 350.
- Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Check it after 35 minutes to see how it's doing. Mine took closer to 50 minutes.
- Cool on the counter for a few minutes then transfer to the fridge.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips & peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave another 20 seconds or so or until creamy and fully combined. Add to a plastic baggie, then snip the very tip. Drizzle across the cheesecake.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Or maybe you’ll like…
Halloween Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies