Halloween Swirl Cream Cheese Brownies have a layer of rich, dark chocolate brownie topped with a layer of orange cheesecake then swirled together for a spooky treat. These are sure to be a perfect dessert treat for everyone at your Halloween party!
It’s the second week of October so it’s appropriate that I’m sharing a Halloween recipe, right? When I pull up my Pinterest feed or step into any store, I’m already seeing all things Christmas. I feel behind and it’s not even November!
HALLOWEEN SWIRL CREAM CHEESE BROWNIES
To be honest, I did make these cream cheese brownies a couple months ago, but other things came up so I’m just now getting around to posting them. The problem with that is, I don’t know where I wrote down my notes for the recipe.
If I’m too prepared, I mess myself up.
Anyway, I found the recipe so you’re in luck and will have a chance to enjoy these Halloween themed cream cheese brownies for the spooky day!
Tips for making Cream Cheese Brownies:
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper to make it easy to remove after baking
- Use a skewer instead of a spatula for more intricate swirls in your cream cheese brownies
- Use this same recipe for multiple holidays, simply change out the food coloring to match the holiday!
I like that the swirls in these cream cheese brownies have a creepy, spidery effect. You could leave out the food coloring and just make these “regular” and they’d still be really pretty.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE CREAM CHEESE SWIRL BROWNIES
Food Coloring Kit – this is the one I use. I didn’t tell you exactly how much food coloring to use because it will depend on which kit you’re using.
8 x 8 baking dish – love that this has a lid for easy storing.
Brownie spatula – because you have to get them out of the pan!
Watch Halloween Swirl Cream Cheese Brownies being made:
Other Halloween Treats:
- Halloween Chocolate Tunnel Cake – the colors on this one are so fun!
- Brownie Bottom Halloween Cupcakes – brownie + cake = a whole lotta delicious.
- Black Cat Pudding Cups – these require no cooking and would be fun to send in as a class treat
- Jack-O-Lantern Brownie Bite – the kids will like to help decorate these.
This Halloween, have fun making our favorite Cream Cheese Brownies for a fun and spooky treat that everyone loves. This gown up dessert is a perfect treat everyone will love on the Halloween party buffet table this year!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 brick 8oz cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- orange food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, add the eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until just combined.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the batter for the swirls then pour the remaining batter into the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, egg, & vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the orange food coloring and stir to combine.
- Gently spread the cream cheese layer on top of the brownie batter.
- Drop tablespoons of the remaining brownie batter on top and gently swirl with a knife or skewer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set. Remove and let cool completely before slicing.
Use dark chocolate cocoa powder to get really dark brownies or add black food coloring to the batter if using regular cocoa powder.
Store covered in the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from Baked Perfection