Jalapeno Popper Mummies wrapped in Rhodes bread “bandages” make a spicy and spooky treat for your next Halloween party!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Are you ready for Halloween? We’re halfway into October so the Halloween parties are going to start popping up now. If you need a fun, spicy, and spooky treat for your next adult party, these Jalapeno Popper Mummies are for you!
I have to admit that although the little mummies are adorable and have flavors that I love, they’re a bit too spicy for me.
HOW DO YOU TONE DOWN HOT PEPPERS?
My friend April, from Mama Loves Food, said to take out some of the heat, slice them in half, scrape out the membranes, then soak for a couple minutes in a mixture of 1 cup water with 1 Tablespoon of vinegar.
JALAPENO POPPER MUMMIES INGREDIENTS
- Frozen Dinner Rolls – I like to use Rhodes Dinner Rolls. Thawed, but still cold.
- Jalapeno Peppers – You’ll need 10. Cut them in half and seed them.
- Cream Cheese – Softened to room temperature.
- Pepper Jack Cheese – Shredded. You could also use Monterey Jack.
- Green Onion – Finely chopped.
- Bacon – Crisp & crumbled. This is optional.
- Black Olives – You can either buy sliced black olives or slice them yourself.
You can also add crumbled bacon to these but since I’ve been leaning vegetarian lately, I skipped it. The mixture stuffed inside the peppers is good enough to eat as a dip!
Rhodes Bake N Serv rolls make it really easy to whip up the “bandages”.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU:
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Jalapeno Popper Mummies
- 10 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls thawed but still cold
- 10 jalapeno peppers halved lengthwise seeded
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese grated
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon pieces
- black olive slices for eyes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the grated pepper jack cheese, softened cream cheese, green onion, and bacon (if you're using it). Stir to fully combine.
- Slice each jalapeno pepper in half and scoop out the seeds and membrane. Wash your hands & don't touch your eyes! (I speak from experience...)
- Fill each jalapeno half with cheese mixture.
- Cut each thawed roll in half and roll each half into a 20-22" rope.
- Wrap each rope around each filled jalapeno half, leaving room for the eyes, and place onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until they start to brown. Remove from the oven then immediately, carefully, add two sliced black olives for the eyes.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Happy (almost) Halloween!!