Lemon Garlic Brussels Sprouts – If you’ve never tried Brussels Sprouts, or think you don’t like them, give this recipe a try – the lemon garlic makes them so tasty!
I’m turning 30 next week and I had never eaten a brussels sprout. True story. So, this recipe was my first time both making and eating them. I am now a fan.
LEMON GARLIC BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Lemon Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- handful of cheese I used an asiago, parmesan & romano blend
- seasoned salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- lemon pepper
- Clean the brussels sprouts by rinsing them, trimming off the ends and peeling off the outer layers.
- Cut each one in half.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the brussels sprouts to the pan and saute for 7-8 minutes on each side. You want them to start to brown and get soft.
- Halfway through the sauteing, add the minced garlic.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and lemon pepper.
- Cover the pan, and let steam for a few minutes to let the sprouts get soft.
- Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn and/or get to soft. Stir to distribute all the flavors.
- Remove from heat, add the cheese and serve.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Adapted from What’s Gaby Cooking