Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
I have an assistant in the kitchen these days. She learned how to say “up” and requests to sit on the counter every time I make anything. As “helpful” as she is, I have to work quick before she drops something or adds in a mystery ingredient.
I wanted to make something that wasn’t a traditional sugary baked good. Julia has a newfound love of chocolate chips but I am pretty careful about what she eats. These super simple muffins are flourless, oil free, and free of refined sugar. Plus, they’re mini so they’re perfect for her little hands. Even my mom commented on how good they are and she doesn’t share my love of chocolate + peanut butter.
I also wanted to make something in the blender because sometimes I don’t feel like getting out the mixer and like I said, I need to move quick. The blender doesn’t just have to be for drinks and smoothies! (though I make an excellent vodka slushy…)
Below is a list of ingredients and helpful tips. Scroll down for the full recipe card.
BANANA – A ripe, medium banana. Cut into approximately 1″ pieces.
EGG – One large egg.
PEANUT BUTTER – Creamy peanut butter.
VANILLA EXTRACT – For the best flavor, use pure vanilla extract and not imitation. I know it is pricey but I buy it in bulk at Sam’s Club or Costco.
BAKING SODA – For rise.
SALT – For balance.
MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS – Optional, but chocolate chips pair perfectly with peanut butter and banana.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU
Blender – You don’t even need a mixing bowl for this recipe because you mix the whole thing in the blender. You don’t need a fancy one.
Mini Muffin Pan – I also use this pan to make peanut butter brownie bites.
Cookie Scoop – Using a cookie scoop makes portioning out the batter so easy. I have all sizes.
NEED MORE WAYS TO BAKE WITH BANANA? TRY THESE:
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Orange Banana Bundt Cake
- Easy Banana Bread
- Chocolate Covered Bananas
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Blender Muffins
- 1 medium ripe banana chopped into a few pieces
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- To a blender, add the chopped banana, egg, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend on low for about 30 seconds or until fully combined and smooth. I scraped down the side once then finished blending.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and stir.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to portion out the batter into 16 muffin tins.
- Add a couple extra chocolate chips to the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Let cool then use a butter knife to loosen and remove from the pan.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
This post was originally sponsored by Eastman Tritan.