Last week was my dad’s birthday. I went to my parents house after work and made Zucchini Boat Turkey Tacos, Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting (coming soon), and these chocolate covered bananas. It was a busy night.
My dad likes simple things but these are four of his favorite flavors (bananas, coconut, pecans, and dark chocolate) so I put them all together into one dessert. Last year I made him this Skinny Pineapple Coconut Cake, in case you were wondering.
I’m allergic to bananas, so I didn’t eat any, but everyone else liked them. I love that they’re on a stick and easy to serve. I think they’d be a crowd pleaser at a party.
Coconut & Pecan Crusted Chocolate Covered Bananas
- 6 bananas
- 5 oz dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate melting wafers I always use Ghirardelli
- 3-4 oz chopped pecans
- 3 oz coconut
- Cut the bananas in half and stick them with a handle (skewers would work; I used plastic party picks/forks and they held really well. & looked cute)
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil or wax paper and set aside.
- Pour your chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Take out, stir, then do another 15 seconds. Stir. Keep repeating 15 second intervals until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- I toasted the pecans and coconut for about 5 minutes in a toaster oven. This is optional. Up to you.
- Dip each piece of banana into the melted chocolate, fully coating it, then roll it in the pecan/coconut mixture.
- Set on the prepared baking sheet and repeat until done. You can either let them set at room temp, put them in the fridge, or put them in the freezer to make frozen treats. Again, up to you.
- Enjoy! If you don't eat them right away, keep them in the fridge.