This Orange Banana Bundt Cake recipe is as easy as it is delicious. Made with simple, flavorful ingredients such as orange juice, bananas, and a hint of cinnamon, and topped with a delicious orange glaze, this moist bundt cake will be ready in under an hour.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
So, we decided to make this orange banana bundt cake.
With spring underway and summer around the corner, it’s time to make way for all things citrus and that includes this bundt cake! If the smell of this beautiful orange banana bundt cake baking in the oven doesn’t scream sunshine I don’t know what does.
This moist cake is one of those desserts that really is perfect for any occasion. It’s simple enough to eat as a snack or serve for brunch but it’s also fancy enough to serve at a party.
- Flour – all purpose white flour
- Baking soda
- Vegetable oil
- Bananas – mashed
- Orange – zest & juice
For the Orange Glaze
- Powdered sugar
- Orange – zest & juice
HOW TO MAKE ORANGE BANANA BUNDT CAKE
STEP ONE: In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix well. In a separate bowl cream together sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs.
STEP TWO: Add the mashed banana, orange zest, and orange juice to the wet ingredients and mix well.
STEP THREE: Slowly combine the wet ingredients to dry and mix until everything is well combined. Pour into a greased bundt cake pan.
STEP FOUR: Bake until done and let cool for about 10 minutes before flipping onto a serving plate. Serve at room temperature. Can also be refrigerated before serving.
TO MAKE THE ORANGE GLAZE
In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and juice of one orange. Mix until powdered sugar is dissolved and glaze is smooth. Drizzle over cake and top with orange zest for garnish.
ARE BROWN BANANAS SAFE TO EAT?
Yes, absolutely they are. They may not be pleasing to the eye at a certain point, they are totally fine to eat. In fact, they are sweeter and higher in anti-oxidants once they start turning brown .
HOW TO BROWN A BANANA
Bananas, as you know will turn brown on their own within a couple of days of sitting on your kitchen counter. If you don’t have time to wait and are needing to brown your not quite ripe bananas then place them in the oven on a cookie sheet, skin on, and bake for about 5-7 minutes. You will see the skin turn black and once opened, the banana will be soft and mushy on the inside.
HOW MANY BANANAS IN A CUP?
It takes 3 bananas to make 1 cup of mashed bananas (which you’ll need for this recipe) and it takes approximately 1.5 bananas to make up 1 cup of sliced bananas.
HOW MUCH ZEST SHOULD I GET FROM AN ORANGE?
One medium orange should produce about 1-1.5 tablespoons of zest.
HOW MUCH JUICE SHOULD I GET FROM AN ORANGE?
You should be able to get about 4-5 tablespoons of orange juice from one orange. This recipe calls for the zest and juice from 1 orange in BOTH the cake and the glaze, so you’ll want to keep at least 2 oranges on hand.
HOW TO STORE IT
If you have yet to frost your cake, it will keep at room temperature in an airtight container or plastic wrap for 2 days. If you are wanting to keep leftovers, it can be kept covered in the fridge for up to five days.
CAN I FREEZE IT?
You can freeze an unfrosted/unglazed bundt cake for up to two months when wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. Once thawed you can then go ahead and add your glaze.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
- Bundt Pan – There are so many to choose from. I just have a basic one.
- Mixing Bowls – I love the grippy bottoms of theses.
- Balloon Whisk – I love that you don’t even need a mixer for this recipe.
HAVE MORE BANANAS TO BAKE WITH? TRY THESE RECIPES:
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Orange Banana Bundt Cake
For the Cake
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 orange zest & juice
To Make The Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a bundt cake pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs.
- Add the mashed banana, orange zest, and orange juice to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients to dry and mix until everything is just combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before flipping onto serving plate.
To Make The Glaze
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and juice of one orange (about 3 tbsps).
- Mix until powdered sugar is dissolved and glaze is smooth.
- Drizzle over cake and top with orange zest for garnish.