This Better Than Sex Cake is as good as it sounds. Moist chocolate cake filled with caramel sauce and topped with Cool Whip and Heath! If you are looking for the best and easiest chocolate cake recipe you’ll ever try, you have come to the right place.
Take your love of chocolate to a whole new level with this cake that really is better than, well, you get the idea!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Serve this Better Than Anything Cake after a dinner of Zucchini Taco Boats. BALANCE.
WHAT IS BETTER THAN SEX CAKE?
If you have never tried this cake before, you are in for something special. It is a chocolate poke cake infused with sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce.
Then, it’s topped with whipped topping and chocolate and toffee bits – you can imagine why it’s called what it’s called. A moist decadent cake that really is better than anything.
Better Than Sex Cake, also known as Better Than Anything Cake, may have an R rated name, but it is definitely a G rated recipe! A fast and delicious cake made with the whole family in mind.
Part of what makes this delicious chocolate cake recipe so easy is the use of store-bought ingredients. Who doesn’t love fast, easy, convenient, and sinfully delicious?!
Whether you make this for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, a Birthday, or really, any day, Better Than Sex Cake is the perfect dessert no matter the occasion. Such a simple and fast chocolate cake recipe everyone will love!
- Devil’s Food Cake Mix – Plus ingredients listed on the box. Really, any chocolate cake mix will do.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Not to be confused with evaporated milk.
- Caramel Sauce – Use your favorite. You’ll need a 12 oz jar.
- Frozen Whipped Topping – Cool Whip, but you’ll need to thaw it.
- Toffee and Chocolate Bits – I use Heath brand.
HOW TO MAKE IT
STEP ONE: Follow instructions on the cake mix and bake the cake.
STEP TWO: Once baked and out of the oven, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the cake, making sure you get most of the way through but not to the very bottom.
STEP THREE: Pour sweetened condensed milk over the cake, making sure to get it into the holes that way the cake absorbs all of that sweetness. Using the caramel sauce, follow the same step. Pour all over the cake making sure to get in the holes.
The reason you don’t want holes all the way through to the bottom of the cake is that it would run right through and settle at the bottom of your cake pan.
Cover and refrigerate. This allows time for the sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce to soak into the cake.
STEP FOUR: Once set spread whipped topping over top and sprinkle with chocolate and toffee bits.
Then, try not to eat it all yourself!
HOW TO STORE IT
If by chance you happen to have leftovers, it will need to be put back in the fridge just due to the whipped topping. This cake is served best cold or at room temperature so the beauty of it is you never need to reheat it. Unless of course, you want to 🙂
HOW MANY DOES IT SERVE?
This particular recipe serves 12. If you are serving it for a small gathering, chances are you’ll be lucky enough to have some again the next day.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU
- 9×13 Baking Dish – I love that this has a cover so you can store leftovers.
- Hand Mixer – As much as I love my stand mixer, I use my hand mixer even more.
- Wooden Spoon – Not only to stir things, but in this case, you’ll need the end of the spoon to poke holes in your cake.
NEED MORE CAKES IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Better Than Sex Cake
- 1 box Devils Food cake mix plus ingredients to make the cake
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz caramel sauce
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- ½ cup toffee and chocolate bits I used Heath brand
- Prepare and cook the cake according to the package directions.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the cake. They should go most of the way through but not all the way.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the cake, making sure to get it in the holes.
- Pour caramel sauce over the cake, making sure to get it in the holes.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours
- Top with whipped topping and toffee bits.
- Slice & serve!
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.