Copycat Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade – a super simple recipe to make your favorite Starbucks cold beverage right at home!
Copycat Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade Drink
I first shared this copycat Starbucks passion tea lemonade recipe in 2012 because it is my favorite drink. Actually, it’s the only drink I order from Starbucks.
I don’t drink coffee drinks and I don’t drink hot tea, but this one I can get behind.
The perfect blend of passion tea and lemonade leaves you with a tart flavor that you can sweeten to your liking.
I stop nearly every time I’m leaving Target to get one. If you find yourself doing the same, having this drink recipe at the ready in going to save you so much money because it tastes just like the Starbucks version.
Why you’ll love this Passion Tea Lemonade
- Cheaper than Starbucks – you get the same drink at home for a fraction of the cost.
- Perfect for a hot summer day – Though I order it all year, this is one of my favorite summer drinks for a warm day.
- Customizable – I like my iced passion tea lemonade half sweetened (two pumps of classic syrup for a grande at Starbucks, for reference) so making this recipe at home lets you customize it perfectly to your own preferences.
- Quick Refreshing Drink – A glass of iced tea or a cup of lemonade is the perfect summer beverage so putting them together is the perfect combination.
Equipment you’ll need to make iced tea lemonade
Ingredients for copycat Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade
Below is a list of the simple ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
WATER – Cold water.
SUGAR – Granulated white sugar.
VANILLA EXTRACT – For the simple syrup.
PASSION TEA – I like Tazo passion tea, you can pick up the tea bags from Target or your local grocery store, but you can use whichever brand you like. You’ll brew it and chill it before assembling the drink.
LEMONADE – I like to use my homemade lemonade recipe or Simply Lemonade. Use your favorite.
How to make Passion Tea Lemonade
- STEP ONE: Make the simple syrup. Add the water and sugar to a small saucepan and bring it to a boil, over medium heat, stirring until it dissolves. Turn it to low and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove it from the heat, add the vanilla, stir, and let it cool.
- STEP TWO: Brew the tea. Brew the passion tea according to the package instructions.
- STEP THREE: Assemble the passion tea lemonade. Combine the tea, lemonade, and 1 1/2 Tablespoons simple syrup in a drink shaker. Shake the mixture to combine and pour over ice cubes.
How to store it
There are three components to the drink – the iced tea, the simple syrup, and the mixed, completed drink.
The brewed iced tea itself will keep up to 4 days in the fridge in a sealed container.
The simple syrup will last up to a couple weeks in the fridge.
Once you mix it altogether (the tea, lemonade, and simple syrup), try to drink it within a day for the best taste.
What to serve with this copycat Starbucks drink
If you want to stick with the theme of copycat recipes, you could serve a big pitcher of this drink with Hard Rock Cafe Twisted Mac & Cheese, TGI Friday’s Jack Daniels Sauce, or a Panera Kitchen Sink Cookie.
Is there caffeine in Passion Tea Lemonade from Starbucks?
No, there is no caffeine in the Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade because passion tea is a blend of herbs and fruits. If you want/need some caffeine, you can add green tea.
How many pumps of sweetener are in a passion tea lemonade?
There are typically 6 pumps of sweetener (simple syrup) in a venti Passion Tea Lemonade. I always ask for half sweetened in a grande, which is 2 pumps.
Need more drink recipes? Try these:
Need more copycat Starbucks recipes? Try these:
Click here for my entire collection of copycat recipes.
Recipe from Smells like Home