One pot cheesy chicken pasta skillet comes together in just about 30 minutes!
First, let’s talk about all that I’m thinking about lately. We close on our new house TOMORROW. This has been a crazy, stressful period of our lives and I don’t really see it slowing down anytime soon. Now we have to pick paint colors, tile colors, appliances, etc. Oh and move from the house I’ve lived in for 11 years and accumulated lots of stuff, a husband, a baby, and two cats. Tons of decisions with dollar signs adding up so quick my head is spinning. But, despite it being stressful, they’re fun decisions. Decisions I’m thankful that we have the opportunity to be making.
Since we’ve been so, so busy, all my TV watching and cooking/baking time has been cut to a minimum. One of my favorite channels to watch is Food Network (naturally) and it seems like every time I turn it on at night, Chopped is on. Have you watched it? Chefs are given a basket of ingredients and have to create a meal. I love the concept.
Well, Sargento is hosting a Chopped at Home contest. My “basket” contained boneless skinless chicken breasts, red bell pepper, Greek yogurt, and Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian. I was so thankful I didn’t get any unique ingredients – duck, quail, rhubarb, etc. are ones I’ve seen pop up on the show. I’m persnickety, remember?
Because we’ve been so busy, I knew I wanted to make a quick meal with minimal clean-up. This cheesy chicken pasta skillet comes together in just about 30 minutes and is made all in the same pan.
Saute the diced onion, red pepper, and minced garlic in olive oil until translucent.
Add in the chicken and cook until no longer pink.
Pour in the sauce, chicken stock, and Italian seasoning.
Add in the noodles and tuck them into the sauce. Let simmer until cooked.
Stir in the Greek yogurt and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. Once combined, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, cover, and let the cheese melt.
Cheesy Chicken Pasta Skillet
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups pasta I used farfalle
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Cut up the chicken into bite sized pieces and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, add one turn of the pan of olive oil. Add in the diced red pepper, chopped onion, and minced garlic. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until no longer pink.
- Pour in the marinara sauce, chicken stock, and Italian seasoning and mix to combine.
- Add in the pasta pushing the noodles down into the sauce (don't let any peek out - you want them to cook) and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked to your desired level.
- Stir in 2 Tablespoons of Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle in the remaining cheese, turn off the heat, cover and let it melt.
- Serve while it's warm and melty.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.