Garlic Steak Bites take just minutes to prepare…and minutes to eat! Served as a main dish with sides or as an appetizer, these bites are perfectly seasoned with just salt, pepper, garlic, and butter.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
If you’re a meat-lover, there is nothing easier than whipping up a batch of steak bites. The only problem is, they are eaten just as quickly as they are made. Luckily, they’re so easy to make.
I usually make mine in a skillet on the stove since they’re so quick, but you can also cook them up on the outdoor griddle or make them in the air fryer.
To make these garlic butter steak bites, you only need a few ingredients and they’re a great canvas for dipping sauces. Below is a list of ingredients and helpful tips, scroll down for the full recipe card.
STEAK – I like to use sirloin because it’s lean but full of flavor. Other cuts that will work include: tenderloin, strip steak, or ribeye.
OLIVE OIL – Extra virgin olive oil to cook the steak in.
BUTTER – Salted or unsalted will work for the garlic butter sauce you’ll make.
GARLIC – I like to buy pre-peeled garlic from the market because it is a time saver. You can also used the minced garlic that comes packed in oil, if that’s what you have.
SEASONINGS – I keep it simple with salt & pepper but Montreal steak seasoning would work nice as well, or even Italian seasoning.
PARSLEY – Optional, but minced parsley adds great color and an earthy, peppery taste to the steak.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU
- Large Skillet – I’ve had this one for years & love it.
- Kitchen Knife – A good knife will make slicing the steak easy.
- Silicone Spatulas – Heat safe silicone spatulas are useful for everything in the kitchen but they’re helpful with sauteing the steak bites.
HOW TO MAKE STEAK BITES
STEP ONE: Cube & season the steak. Approximately 1″ pieces are a good size for steak bites. I simply use salt & pepper, but you can spice it up with red pepper flakes, or use Montreal steak seasoning.
STEP TWO: Heat the pan. You want a really hot pan to cook the steak. Olive oil cooks at a high temp so it won’t burn like butter can.
STEP THREE: Brown the meat. Add the meat to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes in the olive oil. 145 degrees is medium.
STEP FOUR: Make the garlic butter. Remove the meat from the pan then turn the heat down to medium and add the butter. Once melted, stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
STEP FIVE: Serve. Put the steak into the pan with the garlic butter, toss and cook for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with minced parsley and serve!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH STEAK BITES
If you’re serving the steak bites as a main dish, pair them with mashed potatoes and brown gravy, or roasted potatoes. For a veggie, roasted garlic green beans, roasted carrots, or cheesy asparagus puffs pair really well.
HOW TO STORE THEM
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. I don’t recommend freezing cooked steak.
Reheating leftover steak can be tricky because you don’t want it to dry out, especially when they’re in bite-form. You can add them to a microwave-safe plate, cover with a damp paper towel, and heat for 30 seconds in the microwave. Or, you can add some olive oil to a skillet and heat them through on the stovetop for 3-4 minutes.
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK STEAK BITES IN THE AIR FRYER
If you want to skip the skillet and cook the steak bites in the air fryer, you would cook them for 10-12 minutes at 400°, then toss them in the garlic butter sauce.
TIPS & SUGGESTIONS
- Let your steak rest after cooking to really seal in the moisture and flavor.
- You can easily double (or triple) this recipe to feed a crowd or larger family. If your pan isn’t large enough, cook the bites in batches and don’t overcrowd them.
- If you choose a fattier cut of meat, trim off any excess fat before you cook.
NEED MORE BEEF RECIPES? TRY THESE:
Click here for my entire collection of beef recipes.
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
It is VERY HELPFUL to me and other readers if you leave a review after you make my recipe. Please come back & let me know how it turned out!
Garlic Steak Bites
- 1 pound sirloin strip steak cut into approx. 1" cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- minced parsley to taste
- Slice the steak into approximately 1″ cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large pan over high heat and add in the olive oil. Once hot, add in the cubed steak and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Once cooked through, remove the meat from the pan and add in the butter. Stir until melted. Then stir in the minced garlic until fragrant.
- Return the steak to the pan and toss to coat in the garlic butter for 1-2 minutes or until your desired level of doneness.
- Sprinkle with minced parsley and serve!
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
This recipe first appeared on Yellow Bliss Road