Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet is an easy, family friendly skillet meal that is ready in 30 minutes! Full cheeseburger flavors in comforting pasta form.
One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
But, I wanted to make one with beef. I opted for this Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet that takes everything you love about a cheeseburger and puts it into a cheesy, comforting bowl of pasta.
I love that it uses real, everyday ingredients that you probably have in your fridge and pantry.
The next time you feel like eating a cheeseburger but don’t feel like making patties & firing up the grill, give this skillet meal a shot!
Equipment you’ll need
- Skillet – You’ll need a large skillet with a lid. I’ve had this 12″ one for years and have been happy with it. Especially since it’s dishwasher safe.
- Meat Chopper – This little tool is great for breaking up and browning hamburger meat.
- Onion Chopper – This is my new favorite kitchen tool. It makes chopping onions (& other things) so easy!
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
- Noodles – I like to use macaroni noodles here but any shape will do. Shells would be great to catch the cheesy sauce.
- Olive Oil – Pick a good quality olive oil for the best flavor.
- Onion – I use a white onion for sharp flavor but yellow would be good if you want to add some sweetness.
- Ground Beef – I like to use sirloin because it has a low fat content and great flavor. Chuck will work as well, but you may have to drain off any excess fat.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Worcestershire sauce has a savory, tangy flavor that is perfect in burgers.
- Salt & Pepper – of course.
- Montreal Steak Seasoning – for added flavor.
- Garlic – I like to keep minced garlic on hand but I also have been buying pre-peeled garlic at the market that is super handy.
- Ketchup – Use your favorite brand.
- Mustard – You want the full cheeseburger effect here.
- Diced Tomatoes – One 28 oz can of diced tomatoes.
- Cheddar Cheese – I’ve moved to shredding my own cheddar and it melts so much nicer without the anti-caking preservatives they add to pre-shredded cheese. If you want to use pepper jack or colby jack, those would work. Use your favorite.
How to make a Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet
- STEP ONE: First, cook your favorite noodle shape in salted water until cooked to al dente.
- STEP TWO: While the noodles are cooking, saute some onions until soft and then add the ground sirloin and seasonings and brown the meat. Once brown, add in the ketchup, mustard, diced tomatoes, and 1.5 cups of the shredded cheese.
- STEP THREE: Pour the cooked noodles into the skillet, stir, then top with the remaining shredded cheese and cover so it melts. That’s it!
How to serve it
To up the cheeseburger factor, top your serving with your favorite burger toppings like diced onion, diced dill pickles, sauteed mushrooms, crisp bacon – whatever you like!
How to store leftovers
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days, reheating individual portions in the microwave.
Can I freeze it?
Because this skillet is very casserole-like, it will freeze really well. Prepare it as directed then store it in a 9 x 13 freezer-safe dish, wrapped tightly.
When ready to eat it, move it from the freezer to the fridge to defrost, preferably overnight, then bake for 20-30 minutes at 350°. If it’s fully frozen, you’ll need a full hour at 350° to warm through.
Need more skillet meals in your life? Try these:
Click here for my full collection of beef recipes.
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
This recipe originally appeared on Yellow Bliss Road