Air fried Sticky Chicken makes a quick and easy dinner. Perfectly marinated and cooked to perfection, this keto chicken recipe will please your taste buds without any of the guilt.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
AIR FRIED STICKY CHICKEN
Though I usually opt for chicken breasts, chicken thighs have their place. Thighs have higher fat content which makes them more flavorful and they hold moisture better.
Using the air fryer ensures tender and juicy thighs that have a sticky and flavorful glaze.
As a bonus, this chicken is keto-friendly. If you want to keep it keto, use Swerve or your favorite brown sugar substitute. If you’re not counting carbs, you can use regular brown sugar.
Another bonus, thighs usually cost less than chicken breasts.
- Chicken Thighs – Boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Soy Sauce – You can use low sodium.
- Swerve Brown Sugar – Or your favorite brown sugar substitute. If you’re not watching carbs, you can use regular brown sugar.
- Ginger Paste
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Green Onions – optional, for garnish.
- Sesame Seeds – also optional, for garnish.
HOW TO MAKE STICKY CHICKEN IN THE AIR FRYER
STEP ONE: Whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar substitute, ginger paste, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper in a small bowl.
STEP TWO: Pour the marinade into a large zip top bag, add the chicken, and shake to coat. Put it in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour, but up to overnight.
STEP THREE: When you’re ready to cook the chicken, preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. Place the chicken onto a rack in the air fryer, making sure to not let the chicken overlap, and cook for 20-25 minutes until nicely browned and cooked through.
STEP FOUR: Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
HOW TO KNOW WHEN THE CHICKEN IS DONE
The best way to ensure that your chicken is fully cooked is by using a meat thermometer. You want to ensure each piece of the meat reaches 165 degrees internal temperature.
If you’re using bone-in thighs, make sure that when you stick the probe in that you do not touch the bone. This can raise the temperature and give you a false reading.
WHAT TO PAIR WITH THIS CHICKEN
Some easy side dishes that pair nicely with this chicken are cauliflower rice, mashed cauliflower, roasted veggies or any other low carb side dish. I love pairing it with rice as it soaks up some of the glaze on the chicken for added flavor. Trader Joe’s makes a great frozen cauliflower rice that I always keep on hand.
If you are not needing it to be low carb, you could do regular rice or mashed potatoes.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
If you have leftovers you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge. The chicken will stay good in the fridge for up to three days. After that, you will want to toss it out.
To reheat you can warm in the microwave for a quick reheat. Or cover the chicken and heat in the oven until the chicken is warmed through.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
- Air Fryer – Of course you need an air fryer. I have this one and definitely recommend getting a 6qt+ size.
- Air Fryer Rack – This air fryer rack should be universal, but make sure the dimensions fit in your basket.
- Air Fryer Liners – Parchment paper liners help with clean up, especially with sticky sauce.
NEED MORE CHICKEN DINNERS IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
Air Fryer Sticky Chicken Thighs
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tb Swerve brown sugar or brown sugar if not keto
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 Tb green onions chopped for garnish
- 1-2 tsp sesame seeds for garnish
- To a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, Swerve brown sugar substitute (or regular brown sugar if don't want to keep this recipe keto), ginger paste, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Pour the marinade into a zip top bag and add the chicken. Seal the bag then toss to coat well.
- Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least one hour, but up to overnight.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Cook the chicken on a rack in the air fryer for 20-25 minutes until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Let rest in the air fryer with the heat off for a few minutes.
- Garish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.