Lemonade Ice Cream Pie is nearly no bake (it can be if you take a shortcut with store bought crust!) and perfect for hot summer days. The tart lemonade flavor is balanced by the sweet graham cracker crust and creamy ice cream base.
LEMONADE ICE CREAM PIE
I first shared this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin‘.
I’m typing this while sitting in the rocking chair in my daughter’s room waiting for her to fall asleep. She’s two and suddenly, a terrible sleeper. I swear I got more sleep when she was a newborn than I have the past few weeks.
I used to do most of my cooking/baking/blog tasks in the evening after she went to sleep but that’s a thing of the past. Luckily, this pie is good, especially if you’re a lemonade lover, and really easy.
Even if you’re sleep deprived.
You will need:
- Frozen lemonade concentrate
- Vanilla ice cream
- Cool Whip
- Graham Crackers (or a premade graham cracker crust)
A few tips to making this pie a success – Use a good ice cream. I like to use Breyer’s – the one with ingredients you can pronounce. I used Lite Cool Whip, but regular will work just fine.
I love a homemade graham cracker crust and they take just minutes to make so I think it’s worth the tiny bit of effort but if you’re in a time crunch (or just don’t feel like turning on the oven), you can totally use a premade crust.
Lemonade Ice Cream Pie
- 5 oz frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream thawed
- 1 cup Cool Whip thawed
- 8 graham crackers cut into pieces
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted & cooled
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- candied lemon peels for topping optional
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Break up your graham crackers and put into the food processor. Pulse until you have fine crumbs.
- Pour in the melted butter, sugar, and pinch of salt. Pulse until it comes together and your mixture looks like wet sand.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture into a 9" pie plate and press into an even layer. I used the bottom of a measuring cup to help press it down evenly.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden and then remove to a cooling rack.
- In a large bowl, pour in the ice cream, lemonade, and Cool Whip. Stir gently until it comes together.
- Pour into the cooled pie crust until full. There will be extra. Put in the freezer to set for at least an hour. I used the excess ice cream mixture to scoop along the edge.
- Top with candied lemon peels, if desired.
- Slice and serve.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Or maybe you’ll like…
Peaches & Cream Ice Cream Pie
Frozen Peanut Butter Pie