Lemonade Ice Cream Pie is perfect for hot summer days. The tart lemonade flavor is balanced by the sweet graham cracker crust and creamy ice cream base.
Frozen Lemonade Pie
There are only six ingredients in this super easy Lemonade Ice Cream Pie.
I love a homemade graham cracker crust and they take just minutes to make so I think it’s worth the tiny bit of effort but if you’re in a time crunch (or just don’t feel like turning on the oven), you can totally use a premade crust and then you’ll only need four ingredients.
If you’re in a lemon mood, serve it after lemon chicken piccata.
Why you’ll love this Lemonade Ice Cream Pie
- It’s refreshing – Cold & creamy, it’s perfect for a warm day.
- It’s easy – Only 6 simple ingredients.
- Perfect for lemon lovers – The tart lemonade mixes beautifully with the ice cream for a great balance.
Equipment you’ll need
Lemonade Ice Cream Pie Ingredients
Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to gather to make this recipe. Scroll all the way down for the full recipe card.
- Frozen lemonade concentrate – The kind that comes in a tube from the freezer section.
- Vanilla ice cream – Use a high quality vanilla that you like (I pick Breyer’s).
- Cool Whip – thawed. You can use Lite Cool Whip or regular.
- Graham Crackers (or a premade graham cracker crust)
How to make a Frozen Lemonade Pie
- STEP ONE: The crust. Either make a homemade crust by mixing crushed graham crackers with sugar and melted butter and pressing it into a 9″ pie plate and then baking for about 13 minutes at 325°. Or, you can buy and use a premade graham cracker crust.
- STEP TWO: The filling. Mix together the ice cream, lemonade, and thawed whipped topping in a large mixing bowl.
- STEP THREE: Assemble and chill. Pour the ice cream mixture into the cooled pie crust, scooping the remaining ice cream to go along the edge. Place into the freezer to chill for approximately 1 hour.
How to make candied lemon peels 🍋
- STEP ONE: Cut three lemons into slices, approximately 1/4″ thick, and remove the pulp. Cut the rings in half so the peels are cut into long strips.
- STEP TWO: Add the lemon peel strips and water to a small pan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, drain, fill with fresh cold water, and repeat the process three more times (fresh water, boil, drain, repeat). After the third round, drain the water and set the peels aside.
- STEP THREE: Combine 2 cups of cold water with 2 cups of sugar in a small saucepan. Stir to dissolve the sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and then add in the lemon peels and simmer until the pith (the spongy white tissue of citrus fruits) is translucent.
Store the peels in the syrup, refrigerated, or allow them to dry.
Toss the dried candied peels in additional sugar and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
How to store it
Because it is a frozen pie, it will need to be stored covered in the freezer. It will be good for up to a few months, just make sure to wrap it properly so it doesn’t get freezer burn.
How many does a 9″ pie serve?
6 servings come from a 9″ pie. You can expand it to 8 but they’ll obviously be a bit smaller.
Need more lemonade recipes? Try these:
Need more pie recipes? Try these:
Originally published July 6, 2016
I first shared this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin’.