Frozen Peanut Butter Pie is cold and creamy and nearly no-bake so it’s the perfect treat for a hot summer day! Or on a cold day, if we’re being honest. It’s delicious any day!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
It’s great to have a favorite no-bake (or nearly no-bake) recipe for hot summer days or days you just don’t feel like turning the oven on. This frozen peanut butter pie recipe is the perfect combo of chocolate and peanut butter (my favorite) and is cool and creamy thanks to the cream cheese and Cool Whip.
FROZEN PEANUT BUTTER PIE INGREDIENTS
- Graham Crackers – You’ll use graham crackers to make the crust.
- Butter – Unsalted butter, melted & cooled.
- Sugar – White, granulated sugar.
- Salt – Just a pinch of salt to balance the sweet in the crust.
- Milk – I use 2% because that is what I usually have on hand, but skim or whole milk will work.
- Peanut Butter – I use crunchy peanut butter (Skippy Natural Extra Chunky), to add to the texture of the pie, but you can use smooth.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla extract, even though it’s a bit pricey right now, is so much better than imitation!
- Cream Cheese – Half a brick (4 oz) of cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- Frozen Whipped Topping – I use fat free Cool Whip. You’ll need to thaw it.
- Mini Chocolate Chips – To top the pie.
- Dry Roasted Peanuts – To top the pie.
- Chocolate Syrup – Another optional pie topping.
I do have an unhealthy obsession with chocolate and peanut butter (see the majority of my “things I want to eat/drink” Pinterest board) so I picked this peanut butter freezer pie is perfect for me. I get my favorite flavor combo in easy pie form!
CAN YOU FREEZE PEANUT BUTTER PIE
Yes, you can freeze peanut butter pie. This particular frozen chocolate peanut butter pie is meant to be frozen and should be kept in the freezer.
TIPS & TRICKS
- To make your pie filling, you need to start with room temperature ingredients (cream cheese, whipped topping) so you can easily mix them.
- To lighten up the calories, you can use low/no fat milk, low fat cream cheese, and low fat whipped topping. All will work.
- Allow enough time to make this pie. Although it is nearly no bake, you need to allow time for the completed pie to freeze – about 8 hours – so it’s best to make it the day before you need it and let it freeze over night.
- When you’re almost ready to serve the pie, move it from the freezer to the fridge for at least a half hour so it’ll be easier to slice.
CAN PEANUT BUTTER PIE WITH CREAM CHEESE BE FROZEN
Yes, you can freeze peanut butter pie with cream cheese. The cream cheese, mixed with the Cool Whip, freezes beautifully and makes a perfectly creamy pie.
TOOLS TO MAKE FROZEN PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- Mini Food Processor – You’ll need a food processor to crush the crackers for the crust. I like this mini version because it doesn’t take up a ton of room.
- Pretty Pie Plate – I like glass pie plates, but used a metal one for this pie. Either works.
- Whisk – You’ll need to whisk together the pie filling.
- Knife – A good kitchen knife for slicing the pie. Run it under hot water before slicing to help the process.
- Pie Server/Cake Cutter – To easily serve up your slices.
WATCH HOW EASY IT IS TO MAKE FROZEN PEANUT BUTTER PIE:
NEED MORE CHOCOLATE + PEANUT BUTTER DESSERTS IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Buckeye Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
- Chocolate Filled Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
- Reese’s Poke Cake
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN PEANUT BUTTER PIE
Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
For the crust
- 8 graham crackers broken into pieces
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
For the crust
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9″ pie plate with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Break up your graham crackers and put into the food processor. Pulse until you have fine crumbs.
- Pour in the melted butter, sugar, and pinch of salt. Pulse about 6 times until it comes together and your mixture looks like wet sand.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture into the prepared pie plate and press into an even layer. I used the bottom of a measuring cup to help press it down evenly.
- Bake the crust for 13-16 minutes then remove. Cool on a wire rack.
For the filling
- In a small saucepan, add the milk and sugar and cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat, for about 2 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer to a medium bowl. Add peanut butter and vanilla and whisk until fully combined. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- In a large bowl, add your softened cream cheese. Beat with a mixer, on medium speed, until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk mixture and beat on low until combined.
- Fold in the thawed whipped topping until fully mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Sprinkle the crushed peanuts and mini chocolate chips over the top.
- Place in the freezer, uncovered, for 8 hours (I left mine overnight) or until hard.
- Transfer the pie to the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve it.
- Top with additional mini chocolate chips, peanuts, and chocolate sauce, if desired.
Or maybe you’ll like…
Peaches & Cream Ice Cream Pie