This no bake Chocolate Lush is filled with cream cheese, chocolate pudding, and chocolate chips on top of an Oreo cookie crust – a chocolate lovers dream!
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE LUSH
I’m taking a break from all things fall for a minute to share this Chocolate Lush I took to a barbecue a couple weeks ago. Oreos are great for no-bake recipes (see my Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Oreo Bon Bons or Chocolate Cream Pie) and with all the flavors coming out lately, you could really switch up the direction of this dish. But, gimme all the chocolate.
I have a confession, I don’t like Cool Whip or whipped cream (persnickety, remember?) BUT I decided to try this Chocolate Lush anyway, since I like all the other components, and it was delicious!
Sad story – my brother, who loves these types of desserts, was out of town for the barbecue but there was about 1/4 of this pan left so I took it to him the next day. Except, I left it in the car on my way to work and it was a blob by the time I remembered it. Oops.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU:
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
It is VERY HELPFUL to me and other readers if you leave a review after you make my recipe. Please come back & let me know how it turned out!
No Bake Chocolate Lush
- 36 Oreo cookies this is one package. Do not scrape out centers.
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temp
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 12 oz Cool Whip thawed, divided
- 3 ¼ cups milk
- 7.8 oz instant chocolate pudding unprepared (two 3.9 oz boxes)
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Use a food processor (or a zip top bag and a rolling pin) to crush the Oreos into fine crumbs. Do not scrape out the centers.
- Into a medium bowl, pour in the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish and use a spatula (or the bottom of a measuring cup) to evenly press the crumbs across the dish.
- In the same medium bowl, add the cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add in the 2 Tablespoons of milk and sugar and mix well.
- Use a spatula to divide the Cool Whip in half and fold half into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie crust and pop it into the fridge to set for about 10 minutes.
- While it’s setting, to a large bowl, add the pudding mixes and 3 1/4 cups milk and beat on medium until it starts to thicken.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer. Put back into the fridge to set for another 10 minutes.
- Once set, gently spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let chill for at least 4 hours in the fridge or 1 hour in the freezer before you slice.
- Do not remove the cream centers from the cookies. Use regular Oreos, not Double Stuff. 36 cookies = 3 cups of crumbs.
- Use two (2) 3.9 oz boxes of instant pudding, do not use Cook n Serve.
- If you have extra time, I highly recommend popping the dessert into the freezer after each step. It makes it easier to spread each layer.
- If you prefer, you can use an equal amount of homemade whipped topping instead of Cool Whip.
- You can make this dessert up to 3 days ahead, keep refrigerated.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
I first shared this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin’.
Other No-Bake Treats…
Chocolate Chip Oreo Bon Bons