There are a lot of ways to spell hummus (hummous, hummos, houmous, etc.), but you know what I’m talking about, right? Last weekend we went on a little shopping spree at Bed Bath & Beyond and we bought our first food processor (it comes in so many pretty colors!). I knew the first thing I wanted to make in it was hummus. I’ve wanted to make my own forever but you can’t really make it in the Magic Bullet and that’s all I had before.
- 2 cups chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini sesame paste
- 1/6 cup warm water or 2 Tb + 2 teaspoons - I eyeballed it
- 1/6 cup olive oil same here, half of 1/3 cup eyeballed
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground smoked cumin
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine chickpeas, tahini, warm water, olive oil, and juice of 1 lemon in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Add garlic, salt, cumin, and pepper to taste, and process to blend. Taste and correct seasoning if necessary. Add more lemon juice to taste.
- Scrape into storage container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- I drizzled olive oil on top & sprinkled with paprika
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
p.s. This is my 200th post!! Thanks for reading!
Some links on my blog are affiliate links meaning if you buy from them, Amazon will throw me a few pennies (literally, pennies), at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.