There are a lot of ways to spell hummus (hummous, hummos, houmous, etc.), but you know what I’m talking about, right? Last weekend we went on a little shopping spree at Bed Bath & Beyond and we bought our first food processor (it comes in so many pretty colors!). I knew the first thing I wanted to make in it was hummus. I’ve wanted to make my own forever but you can’t really make it in the Magic Bullet and that’s all I had before.
- 2 cups chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini sesame paste
- 1/6 cup warm water or 2 Tb + 2 teaspoons - I eyeballed it
- 1/6 cup olive oil same here, half of 1/3 cup eyeballed
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground smoked cumin
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine chickpeas, tahini, warm water, olive oil, and juice of 1 lemon in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Add garlic, salt, cumin, and pepper to taste, and process to blend. Taste and correct seasoning if necessary. Add more lemon juice to taste.
- Scrape into storage container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- I drizzled olive oil on top & sprinkled with paprika
p.s. This is my 200th post!! Thanks for reading!
Some links on my blog are affiliate links meaning if you buy from them, Amazon will throw me a few pennies (literally, pennies), at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.