Vegetarians can enjoy barbecues, too! This Veggie Burger with Hummus and Spinach is the perfect alternative to traditional hamburgers for your next BBQ.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Giant Food Stores. All opinions are 100% mine.
VEGGIE BURGER WITH HUMMUS & SPINACH
First, let’s talk about how last night was Julia’s first night in a big girl bed. She looks so tiny in the twin bed we got her. I can’t even handle it, guys. She’s the sweetest, sassiest little thing lately. You can have an entire (hilarious) conversation with her, she’s fully potty trained, the crib’s gone. My baby is fading so fast, it makes me want to cry, but my mama heart is beaming.
On to our weekend.
One of my oldest friends from high school (who was also one of my bridesmaids) moved to Florida last year. They are here visiting so a few of us got together to take our kids to the splash pad. Afterwards, Bob decided we should barbecue at our house. We actually got organized enough to have everything prepped before we left so when we got back from the park, everything was ready to go.
I’ve been eating less and less meat again. I go through phases. Ideally, I would be a full vegetarian, but living with meat eaters makes it tricky. Anyway, I checked out Giant Recipe Center for menu ideas. The Veggie Burger with hummus popped out right away to me.
Don’t make your vegetarian friends just eat sides the next time you barbecue. There are plenty of options for everyone! I paired my veggie burger with feta & artichoke pasta salad, macaroni salad, baked beans, fruit salad, and an amazing chocolate chip cookie (that I’ll have the recipe for posted soon).
Veggie Burger with Hummus & Spinach
- 8 slices thick sourdough bread
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic halved
- 4 frozen vegetable burgers thawed
- 6 Tablespoons spinach & artichoke hummus
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Brush both sides of your bread with olive oil then toast in a toaster over or right on the grill. When golden, rub the garlic clove over the bread. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat or use the grill. Brush the burgers with the remaining oil and grill for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Top 4 slices of the grilled bread with 1 ½ Tablespoons hummus and a few spinach leaves.
- Place one veggie patty on the bread and top with the second slice of bread.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.