Garlic Herb Dip starts with a cream cheese base then is filled with fresh herbs. Pair this super easy dip recipe with crackers, chips, or veggies to make the perfect quick snack for your next party or game day.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Last weekend, my brother had a birthday party at his loft. He turned 25 and had people over for drinks and snacks.
At the last minute, I decided to bring something, so I threw together this Garlic Herb Dip to go with the veggie crackers I had picked up at Target earlier. It took all of 10 minutes to put together and it was gobbled up quickly.
- Cream Cheese – You’ll use a full brick (8oz) of cream cheese as the base of this dip. I like to use the original, full fat version, but I’m sure the lightened version would work as well.
- Milk – You need a bit of milk to thin the dip. I used 2%.
- Basil – Fresh, finely chopped basil. Bail has a slight peppery flavor that turns slightly sweet and smells amazing.
- Parsley – Fresh, finely chopped parsley. Parsley has a mildly bitter taste that brightens other flavors.
- Chives – Fresh, finely chopped chives. Chives are in the onion/garlic/scallions family with chives having the most delicate flavor.
- Garlic – Finely minced garlic. I keep garlic packed in olive oil on hand in the fridge because it’s easy, but fresh will work as well.
HOW TO MAKE THIS DIP
Making Garlic Herb Dip is SO easy.
First, to a medium bowl, add the softened cream cheese and milk and use a hand mixer to beat until combined & smooth.
Next, add in your chopped herbs (saving a bit for garnishing) and mix on low until distributed.
Finally, refrigerate until ready to serve, letting the flavors really come together. When ready to serve, top with additional chopped herbs.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU
- Medium mixing bowl – I love this one with the grippy bottom.
- Hand mixer – A hand mixer is important to get the dip smooth. Unless you want to give it some elbow grease with a whisk!
- Chip & Dip serving set – I like that this serving set has two dip cups. One for garlic herb dip, one for salsa!
NEED MORE DIPS IN YOUR LIFE? TRY THESE:
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – Highly requested every time someone knows I’m coming to a party.
- Creamy Salsa Dip – Only two ingredients in this easy dip!
- On the Border Copycat Salsa – It’s about to be your new favorite salsa recipe!
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip – Perfect for chips or potato wedges!
- Rotel Dip – only three ingredients!
- Hoagie Dip – everything you love about an Italian hoagie in dip form!
I also brought some Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies because what’s a birthday party without a dessert?
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Originally published June 16, 2016