Garlic Herb Dip starts with a cream cheese base then is filled with fresh herbs. Pair this super easy dip recipe with crackers, chips, or veggies to make the perfect quick snack for your next party or game day.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Last weekend, my brother had a birthday party at his loft. He turned 25 and had people over for drinks and snacks.
At the last minute, I decided to bring something, so I threw together this Garlic Herb Dip to go with the Van’s Simply Delicious® Fire Roasted Veggie Crackers I had picked up at Target earlier. It took all of 10 minutes to put together and it was gobbled up quickly.
GARLIC HERB DIP INGREDIENTS
- Cream Cheese – You’ll use a full brick (8oz) of cream cheese as the base of this dip. I like to use the original, full fat version, but I’m sure the lightened version would work as well.
- Milk – You need a bit of milk to thin the dip. I used 2%.
- Basil – Fresh, finely chopped basil. Bail has a slight peppery flavor that turns slightly sweet and smells amazing.
- Parsley – Fresh, finely chopped parsley. Parsley has a mildly bitter taste that brightens other flavors.
- Chives – Fresh, finely chopped chives. Chives are in the onion/garlic/scallions family with chives having the most delicate flavor.
- Garlic – Finely minced garlic. I keep garlic packed in olive oil on hand in the fridge because it’s easy, but fresh will work as well.
HOW DO YOU MAKE GARLIC HERB DIP
Making Garlic Herb Dip is SO easy.
First, to a medium bowl, add the softened cream cheese and milk and use a hand mixer to beat until combined & smooth.
Next, add in your chopped herbs (saving a bit for garnishing) and mix on low until distributed.
Finally, refrigerate until ready to serve, letting the flavors really come together. When ready to serve, top with additional chopped herbs.
TOOLS TO HELP YOU MAKE GARLIC HERB DIP
- Medium mixing bowl – I love this one with the grippy bottom.
- Hand mixer – A hand mixer is important to get the dip smooth. Unless you want to give it some elbow grease with a whisk!
- Chip & Dip serving set – I like that this serving set has two dip cups. One for garlic herb dip, one for salsa!
MORE DIP RECIPES
- Creamy Salsa Dip – Only two ingredients in this easy dip!
- On the Border Copycat Salsa – It’s about to be your new favorite salsa recipe!
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip – Perfect for chips or potato wedges!
I also brought some Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies because what’s a birthday party without a dessert?
Connect with Persnickety Plates
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make!
Garlic Herb Dip
- 1 brick 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 3 Tablespoons milk I used 2%
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese and milk and mix with an electric mixer on medium until smooth.
- Add in the chopped herbs and garlic and mix on low until distributed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve then top with additional herbs.
If you remember, I made Crispy Baked BBQ Chicken Strips with Van’s Simply Delicious® BBQ Chips recently. This time, I picked up the Fire Roasted Veggie Crackers and they went perfectly with this quick dip.
None of the partygoers were the wiser and didn’t realize they were actually eating gluten free, whole grain crackers instead of the usual chip.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Van’s Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.