Three ingredient Crescent Roll Pizza Roll-Ups are such a simple recipe. They’re perfect as a lunch, a quick dinner, or even an appetizer.
I first shared these easy pizza roll-ups in 2012 but they deserved some new pictures. I make them all the time but they’re so quick, I rarely leave time for photos.
Flaky crescent roll dough filled with gooey, melty cheese and pepperoni make a great meal or snack.
Why you’ll love these Pepperoni Crescent Rolls
- Ease. With only three ingredients, they don’t get much easier.
- Customizable. I used pepperoni here and even did a few with just cheese, but you can use your favorite pizza toppings. Sometimes we use ham lunch meat.
- Kid-Friendly. I started making these way before I had kids, but they are very kid (and adult) friendly.
Tools you’ll need to make Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls
You certainly don’t need much to make these pizza rolls, even the kids can make them!
Ingredients for Crescent Roll Pizza Roll-Ups
You only need a few ingredients (literal few…three). Scroll down for the full recipe card.
- Crescent Rolls – Refrigerated dough has been hard to come by lately. Store brand works fine, use whatever you can find.
- Mozzarella Cheese – We always have cheese sticks on hand for snacks so that is what I use, just cut them in half, but you can also use shredded mozzarella or fresh mozzarella.
- Pepperoni – Sometime I use turkey pepperoni or original pepperoni.
- Optional toppings – I sprinkled on some garlic powder and parsley flakes but those are optional.
How to make Crescent Roll Pepperoni Pizza Roll-Ups
- STEP ONE: To crisp up the pepperoni a bit, lay the pepperoni in a single layer on a paper towel and microwave for 30-40 seconds.
- STEP TWO: Separate the crescent roll dough, lay 3-4 pepperoni slices on the dough, lay half a cheese stick on the widest part of the dough on top of the pepperoni and roll it up. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- STEP THREE: If desired, sprinkle each roll with garlic powder and parsley.
- STEP FOUR: Bake for 8-10 minutes in a 375° preheated oven. Let cool a bit and then enjoy!
What to serve with Pepperoni Rolls
I made a simple dipping sauce out of tomato paste, water, onion powder, and garlic powder.
If you want a more “grown up” pizza appetizer, try these pizza tarts!
Tips & Suggestions 🍕
- If you don’t have mozzarella cheese sticks, you can use shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Don’t have pepperoni? They’re great with just cheese.
- Try other lunch meats in the roll-ups – sometimes we use ham.
- To fancy them up a bit, you can brush the tops with butter before sprinkling with garlic powder and parsley. You could also give them a sprinkle of homemade Italian seasoning.
How to store leftovers
Though best fresh, leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can reheat them in the microwave or the air fryer.
Can I prepare them ahead of time?
Crescent roll dough can’t be stored for long after opening the can, but you can prepare these up to two hours before baking them. They’re best fresh, so bake them as close to when you’ll be eating them as possible.
Need more ways to use crescent rolls? Try these:
Connect with Persnickety Plates!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Originally published May 29, 2012