Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls will be your new best brunch idea! These simple cinnamon rolls take less than 10 minutes to prep and seconds to eat! Perfect with your morning coffee or on the go breakfast.
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls
Guys. These chocolate chip cinnamon rolls are really good. For some reason, I didn’t expect them to be as good as they were. Sometimes that happens to me. I go in with mediocre expectations and come away fully impressed. I like when it happens.
I hadn’t had a decent cinnamon roll in a long time. I used to enjoy stopping at Cinnabon at the mall every once in awhile. Then I realized they’re like 1,000 calories so I cut out that treat. I haven’t done the math on these (yet), but these delicious rolls are pretty small so I would guess less than 1,000 calories. I hope. [Though I probably shouldn’t have eaten four in one day. Not kidding.]
Update: Good news. I put this recipe into My Recipe Magic & it came out to 90 calories per roll. Much better.
Regardless, I’m happy about these. The melty chocolate in the center is delicious. They were best right out of the oven but the next day, I put one in the microwave for 9 seconds (not ten. nine.) and it was just as good.
Really easy + really good = a winner. Try them.
- For the rolls
- 1 can Crescent Rounds dough Pillsbury
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted (I used salted)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli
- For the glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8-inch round pan. Set aside.
- On a large cutting board, separate the dough into 8 rolls and (gently) unroll into strips.
- Use a pastry brush to coat each strip with the melted butter. It took a couple rounds for me to use up the butter.
- In a bowl, add the cinnamon and sugar and stir to fully combine. Sprinkle evenly over each dough strip.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over each strip so they’re well coated.
- Gently and carefully roll up each strip and pinch the ends together. Arrange them into your prepared pan, about 1″ apart.
- Sprinkle the top of the rolls with any leftover cinnamon/sugar mixture and/or chocolate chips (that might have slipped out during the “roll-up” phase).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops just start to brown.
- While the rolls are cooking, make the vanilla glaze.
- In a small saucepan, add the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Stir constantly over medium heat until fully combined and all the lumps are out.
- When the rolls are done, brush immediately with the glaze.
Very slightly adapted from Diethood via A Night Owl
Or maybe you’d like…
Giant Cinnamon Roll Cake