Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls will be your new best brunch idea! These simple cinnamon rolls take less than 10 minutes to prep and seconds to eat! Perfect with your morning coffee or on the go breakfast.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Serve these Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast with Ham & Potato Breakfast Casserole and some fruit!
Guys. These chocolate chip cinnamon rolls are really good. For some reason, I didn’t expect them to be as good as they were. Sometimes that happens to me. I go in with mediocre expectations and come away fully impressed. I like when it happens.
I hadn’t had a decent cinnamon roll in a long time. I used to enjoy stopping at Cinnabon at the mall every once in awhile. Then I realized they’re like 1,000 calories so I cut out that treat.
These cinnamon rolls are much smaller than a Cinnabon, but they’re only about 200 calories each. MUCH better.
- Crescent Rolls – I used the “rounds” for these.
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
TIPS & TRICKS
- I use Pillsbury Crescent Rounds for these rolls. If you have regular crescents on hand, I think they’ll work fine.
- Line the bottom of your baking dish with parchment paper cut in the shape of a circle to make clean up easier.
- After you roll up each dough strip, gently pinch the ends together so they stay in place.
- If you don’t eat them all in one sitting, these cinnamon rolls will warm up nicely in the microwave but they only need a few seconds!
Regardless, I’m happy about these. The melty chocolate in the center is delicious. They were best right out of the oven but the next day, I put one in the microwave for 9 seconds (not ten. nine.) and it was just as good.
Really easy + really good = a winner. Try them.
TOOLS FOUND ON AMAZON TO HELP YOU
- 8″ Round Pan – You can use a dark, non-stick pan or a glass dish.
- Pastry Brush – To brush the melted butter on the dough.
- Cutting Board – I like to roll the dough out on a board instead of directly on the counter.
NEED MORE CINNAMON ROLL IDEAS? TRY THESE:
- Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Glaze
CONNECT WITH PERSNICKETY PLATES!
Follow along on my social media so you never miss a post!
Also, sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you MAKE & LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #persnicketyplates so I can see it. I LOVE seeing what you make & I’ll share it in my stories!
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls
For the cinnamon rolls
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8-inch round pan. Set aside.
- On a large cutting board, separate the dough into 8 rolls and (gently) unroll into strips.
- Use a pastry brush to coat each strip with the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, add the cinnamon and sugar and stir to fully combine. Sprinkle evenly over each dough strip.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over each strip so they’re well coated.
- Gently and carefully roll up each strip and pinch the ends together. Arrange them into your prepared pan, about 1″ apart.
- Sprinkle the top of the rolls with any leftover cinnamon/sugar mixture and/or chocolate chips (that might have slipped out during the “roll-up” phase).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops just start to brown.
- While the rolls are cooking, make the vanilla glaze.
- In a small saucepan, add the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Stir constantly over medium heat until fully combined and all the lumps are out.
- When the rolls are done, brush immediately with the glaze.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
Or maybe you’d like…
Giant Cinnamon Roll Cake