Southwest Fiesta Salad with a quick homemade spicy jalapeno dressing is a fast and healthy meal for any day of the week.
SOUTHWEST FIESTA SALAD
This post was sponsored by Eat Smart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
Fall has me in the mood to bake all the things. I baked three new recipes this past weekend (coming soon!). I sent most of them off this morning with Bob for his co-workers but I definitely did my fair share of taste tasting. You know, for the sake of the blog.
By the end of the weekend, I was tired of being in the kitchen and I needed something healthy and easy to make for dinner. Enter Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits.
When I go to Applebee’s, I like to order their Fiesta Chicken Chopped Salad so I decided to use Eat Smart’s Southwest Vegetable Salad Kit to make a copycat version at home. I added a few ingredients to the ready-to-go kit, whipped up a spicy jalapeno dressing, and dinner was ready. The kit comes with a zesty chipotle dressing if you want to make things even easier.
Southwest Fiesta Salad
- 1 Eat Smart Southwest Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit
- 1/2 cup black bean & corn salsa
- To make the dressing
- 3 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- Add the Eat Smart Southwest Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit to a large bowl and add the provided cheese and tortilla strips.
- Add in the corn and black bean salsa and toss.
- To a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, diced jalapeno, cilantro, and olive oil. Season with salt to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.
There are five flavors from Eat Smart to choose from – Strawberry Harvest, Sunflower Kale, Asian Sesame, Southwest Vegetable & Sweet Kale Vegetable. Bob added a grilled chicken breast to his and loved it. Check the store locator to find them in your area.
Eat Smart is giving away TEN (10) AMEX gift cards (valued at $50 each) and samples of all five Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits. Enter below. The giveaway runs until 10/7/16. Good luck!
I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes (10)
Or maybe you’ll like…