Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is a simple but flavorful dish that is perfect for summertime entertaining. This easy pasta salad can be made the night before and served for large parties. A delicious side dish everyone will love
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hormel Foods, LLC.. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’ve had an easy workweek this week – 19 hours instead of the usual 40. I’m so good at being part-time. There is so much more time to get things done and spend time with family when you’re not at work all day! One of the things I got done was having an inspection on our old house that we’ll be renting to make sure it is suitable for renters. That makes me laugh because it’s wayyyy nicer than most houses I’ve seen for rent. The only issue the inspector found was our lack of a garbage disposal. Apparently a city ordinance requires that you have one. I’ve never had one and didn’t know they cared, but if it makes them happy, we’ll have a garbage disposal installed.
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
We also had time to have friends over to see our new house. My husband made grilled salmon and I made this quick Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad. I love that it’s so easy. I don’t mind complicated recipes but with constant interruptions from a toddler, simple is best. It’s easily customizable too – you could add carrots or tomatoes. Cheese might be good, too.
Part of keeping it easy was using Hormel Bacon Pieces. No mess of frying bacon, it’s already done for you & you just have to sprinkle the bacon in. I think this pasta salad pairs perfectly with grilling (perfect for Memorial Day!), but if you want a different side dish, Hormel Foods website has a bunch of easy recipe ideas (& coupons!). Or visit them on Facebook or Pinterest to share your favorite recipes.
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad - A simple but flavorful pasta salad that is perfect for summertime entertaining.
- 12 oz tri-colored rotini (I use a "garden blend" - it's spinach & tomato pasta)
- 1 can (3.8 oz) sliced black olives
- 1 jar (5.75 oz) sliced green olives
- 6 oz broccoli, chopped
- 6 oz cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Hormel real bacon pieces
- Ranch dressing mix packet
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- In a medium bowl, add the ranch dressing packet, sour cream, mayo, and milk and whisk together. Cover and let thicken for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook noodles. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add the olives, broccoli, cauliflower, sunflower seeds, and bacon pieces to the noodles. Pour the ranch dressing over and toss to fully coat.
- Chill for the flavors to come together then sprinkle with more bacon pieces before serving.
Sign up for the Hormel Newsletter for more recipes and coupons.
For another great pasta salad recipe, try my Feta Artichoke Pasta Salad.