Cinnamon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
I didn’t intentionally take a week off from cooking/baking/blogging, but work was crazy and I got a sinus infection. It has sucked my will to eat, which is really odd for me. I pretty much always want to eat. Do you guys watch Girls on HBO? I’m watching it now & it’s distracting me because it’s really funny. Totally inappropriate, but funny.
I actually made this coffee cake for Mother’s Day but slacked on posting it. My talented brother took the picture.
I’m having a hard time focusing on this post so I should probably stop rambling.
I’ve never made a coffee cake, or really even eaten one, so I didn’t know what to expect with this one. The flavors were good and isn’t it pretty?
- 1 stick butter
- 8 oz. brick cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For the topping/filling
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 325 and grease a 9 x 9 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the sugar and continue creaming.
- Add in the eggs, salt and vanilla, mixing until well blended.
- Slowly add the flour and mix on low speed until combined
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients.
- Spread half the cake batter into your prepared pan. Top with half the topping.
- Carefully pour the remaining batter on top of that. Sprinkle with the remaining topping.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.