Skillet meals are my favorite and this Chicken Spinach & Artichoke Pasta Skillet made with Bertolli marinara sauce is a great one.
It’s spring, guys! Finally. Not that it feels like it around here, it’s still in the 40s and pretty gloomy looking, but I see some flowers and hear birds, so there’s hope. Julia’s birthday is this Sunday (which also happens to be Easter) so it’s been an extra hectic week. Do you know how hard it is to stuff confetti into balloons? Take my word for it when I say it’s tricky.
I needed an easy dinner idea and this Chicken Spinach & Artichoke Skillet delivers. Skillet meals are my favorite. You only have to use one pot which keeps cleanup minimal, which is crucial around here. I just don’t have time (or inclination) to make really elaborate meals. In this case, you even cook the pasta in the same skillet (no dirty colander!). I also love that skillet meals can feed a big group, or in our case, make a large portion that heats up great for leftovers during the week.
We picked up Bertolli Riserva Marinara at the grocery store this weekend to go along with some spring ingredients – onion, garlic, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, and fresh spinach. All flavors I love and luckily, all flavors Julia loves, too.
Start by sauteing some onion in olive oil. Add in the garlic and wait for your kitchen to smell amazing. Add in your chicken and cook until no longer pink. Stir in the Riserva Marinara and some chicken broth. Pile in the diced artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Tuck in your noodles, cover, and let simmer. Add in your spinach. Stir. Top with cheese and cover until you have melty goodness. That easy.
If you’re struggling with dinner ideas and want to bring some Tuscany to your table, Bertolli has 150 tips and ideas to get you rolling. Or check out Bertolli’s Facebook page. You’re on Facebook anyway, you might as well learn something, right?
Chicken Spinach & Artichoke Pasta Skillet
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion ~half an onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped into small pieces
- 1 jar 23.9 oz Bertolli Riserva Marinara
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 jar 6 oz artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 cup farfelle pasta
- 1.5-2 cups baby spinach chopped (I just rip mine)
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the olive oil and let heat up.
- Add in the chopped onion and saute until translucent.
- Add in the minced garlic and stir.
- Add in the cubed chicken and season with salt & pepper, to taste. Cook through until no longer pink.
- Stir in the Bertolli Riserva Marinara and chicken broth.
- Add in the chopped artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes.
- Pour in the bowtie pasta and tuck into the sauce so they noodles are covered. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low, cover the pan and let simmer 10 minutes
- Once the noodles are tender, stir in the chopped spinach and let it wilt.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle on the cheese, cover, and let melt.
- Serve immediately.
Thank you to Bertolli for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to celebrate. Viva Bertolli!