Coconut Oil Cookie Bars stuffed with Dark Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter M&Ms!
Coconut Oil Cookie Bars with Dark Chocolate Chips & Peanut Butter M&Ms
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter softened (I like to use salted)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar I used dark brown
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter M&Ms 1/4 cup to mix in the batter, 1/4 cup to press into the top
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and set out a jelly roll pan (I use this one).
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir.
- In a large bowl (I used my stand mixer), add the butter, coconut oil, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture - I do it in thirds.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of the peanut butter M&Ms.
- Spread the dough into the prepared jelly roll then press the remaining 1/4 cup of peanut butter M&Ms into the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the bars were baking, I took the remaining dough and scooped out 12 cookies onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat. Once the bars were done, I baked the cookies for about 10 minutes until the edges were golden brown.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying/pasting and/or screenshots of full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Content and photographs are copyright protected.